Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Two New Baby Quilts

Two New Baby Quilts

I just finished two baby quilts for friends at work, both having Baby girls, one is here already and another in a couple more weeks. I used a pattern from Clotilde's - Pick-up Sticks. I wanted something simple that I didn't have to think about too much. Things at work have been hectic lately and having something easy to work on in the evenings soothes my mind.

I didn't care for the pattern name so I gave each of them their own, more fitting name. The first one, with the pieced green and pink backing I named Garden Fence. The prints were mostly florals and the pieced border reminded me of a picket fence. I quilted it with an allover spiral design. The second one I christened Tropical Sherbet. While the colors are bright and warm they made me think of bright colors you find in the tropics and ice cream. This one was quilted with a meandering design. The single motif quilting is also a mind soother. These were made completely from my stash, so I made some room for new acquisitions.

These quilts are simple but I really enjoyed focusing on the work and not fussing over design, colors, placement, etc. and just let the quilts become quilts. The recipients seemed very pleased with their quilts. That's one of the things I love about giving quilts as gifts, recipients are so grateful and seem genuinely pleased. Even though I'm giving the quilt away it still warms me and I usually get a few hugs in the mix.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images   Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Very pretty quilts. I really like the fact that they are relatively easy patterns and that you used your stash. Your color choices, placement, and backs are lovely. You did very nice work.

Cute quilts!

Lovely quilts! Good to see the same pattern in different fabrics~
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

They are so pretty. The lucky lucky Moms who will be using them.
    DEB CAVAN

sweet quilts. The mommies will love them.

VERY, VERY nice! I love this pattern. Very different. You did a lovely job on both! Thank you for sharing them with us.

Don't know that I'd seen these blocks set on point before--love the way they look. Your quilts are very pretty.
    Thanks for sharing.
    God Bless,
    Rachel

Pretty!!!!!

Very pretty, great color choices. The Babies will love looking at them when the get a few months old. Great work.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast