Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Want your opinion on this quilt

I am working on a UFO I started earlier this year and then abandoned. I had the block laid out originally 4 columns and 6 rows but that made it really long and narrow, I could do 4c by 5r. But to do 5c & 5r would require I make one more block. The center blocks were scraps from another quilt I made. I have a little bit of those fabrics but not in the strip sets, just 1/8 to 1/4 of a yards pieces or less. If I can remember correctly I wanted to add a border in the blue background print, that had small pinwheels placed in a sporadic manner along the border. These would be in the various fabrics found in the center blocks.

laid out in a 5 columns 5 rows
    Name:  Attachment-99450.jpe
Views: 32
Size:  1.46 MB

center blocks were from another quilt left over strip set
    Name:  Attachment-99451.jpe
Views: 32
Size:  1.39 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Would making that open block a very colorful label be an answer? Beautiful quilt, someone is going to love it.

Blog Entries
    it's absoutely fabulous so far. with a border it will be gorgeous!! sounds good to me.

Just a suggestion, make one equal sized scrappy block of all the pieces left over, put in very center of quilt and move existing block to open space on side of quilt.

Just curious. But what is the quilt's purpose? Assuming the blocks are 12" finished in size, 4x6 would fit nicely on a twin bed as a topper. 5x5 would be better to snuggle under, while watching TV. So, it's all in what you intend to use the quilt for.

Banned
    I also opt for the center block either scrap of all fabs, or a label. or... if the blocks are a larger size make it 4x6 and use the ones left over for a sham....or if the quilt is for a girl, how about a matching doll blanket?

I think I would do 4 X 5 and make the extra squares into throw pillows.

Blog Entries
    If you have pieces, you could easily cut the strips and make the color combinations for the pinwheels. I think it would bother me if the one was different from all the others in the center (particularly the red). But that's me.

Beautiful blocks!

I'd do a special center block. Think about who it's for. Would they like a Sun Bonnet Sue in the center. Or a beautiful applique flower block?

I too was thinking about putting a different block in the very center of 5 x 5. Especially if you use scraps from the other blocks for it. An applique flower sound really nice, and you would only have to make one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast