Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Thread: what would you charge a client for this...

Blog Entries
    Even if you have a written contract, the cost of an attorney and/or court fees is usually more than $200. It is a no win situation. How sad that we have so many people and companies that have no intention of keeping their word. I would keep the quilt before I would let this customer have it for $60.00.

It's beautiful and I wouldn't let it go for less than what you quoted and even at that you probably didn't make $.50 an hour. Shame on her for not sticking to her agreement. I'll bet somebody would pay that or more for it.

Blog Entries
    I agree with the others. If she doesn't want to pay the price, just keep it.
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.

Hang on to it!

$126 is way too low, let alone $60. How outrageous! When I have my quilts quilted, there is a down-payment and a WRITTEN balance receipt. I wouldn't dream of ripping off anyone as badly as this woman is trying to rip you off. Let her go to Walmart (no offense, Walmart, but your things aren't hand-made).

Maybe after she has a chance to check around, she will realize how unreasonable she is being. I am with everyone else, don't let her 'bully' you into that low of a price.
    You can get older, but you never have to grow up!

Her grandfather was a tailor...wow seems to me she of all people should realize the time and effort it takes to produce anything made with fabric.. Your work is stunning...
    Kitty

Blog Entries
    Let her read all these replies and then have her pony up the $126. if she balks, double the price and tell her you'll hold it for two week and then e-bay it. She'll have two weeks to decide. People talk big when they don't have to shell out the cash first. Do hope she was (notice WAS not IS) not a friend.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

As of now, I did emailed her with several links to show her how much others are charging her. Second we did have a written agreement which I am hanging on to it. I have not yet heard back from her. If it comes right down to her demanding her grandfathers material back, I will ripped out the border patchwork s parts and give it back to her but not the tree nor the hearts. Then I will go get some fabrics and sew the borders back on and sell it. I wanted to tell each one of you a big hearty thank you for your support and comments. After reading all of this, I feel so much better and more stronger to stand by my low price. Trust me it is not going for $60. No way!!!! She is from a family of lot of money. Again thank you!!!
    Pokergal3

Also she is an artist and does freelance works as painting murals, illustrates things, etc.
    Pokergal3

Exactly about going to small claims court and its fees. .
    Pokergal3

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast