Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26 27 36 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 484

Thread: Will the REAL 15 clone please stand up

  1. #251
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    11,137
    Blog Entries
    2
    Looks like one of the pictured did not make it - sigh
    I'll try for the Modern Home - this one has Brother stampings on the bottom.
    Name:  clones and their under side stamps 001.JPG
Views: 339
Size:  126.7 KB
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal.
    It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  2. #252
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    391
    Name:  WP_002621.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  418.7 KB
    Someone told me this DeLuxe 146B is a 15 Clone...is that possible? It works great and I really love it's look. It's the Same machine as an Aldens 146B, but mine is badged Emporium and takes the same bobbins as my vintage Kenmore.

  3. #253
    Senior Member grant15clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltingweb View Post
    Someone told me this DeLuxe 146B is a 15 Clone...is that possible? It works great and I really love it's look. It's the Same machine as an Aldens 146B, but mine is badged Emporium and takes the same bobbins as my vintage Kenmore.
    It is not a Clone. Clones look like a Singer model 15 series and Singer model 27, 28, 127, and 128.
    Nice machine though. It was made in Japan. Look underneath to see if there are any markings cast into the underside of the bed.
    ~G~

  4. #254
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    391
    Thanks for confirming...I really didn't think so and I knew this was the place to check. I'll check the list again.

  5. #255
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    11,137
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltingweb View Post
    Name:  WP_002621.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  418.7 KB
    Someone told me this DeLuxe 146B is a 15 Clone...is that possible? It works great and I really love it's look. It's the Same machine as an Aldens 146B, but mine is badged Emporium and takes the same bobbins as my vintage Kenmore.
    While it is not a Japanese 15 clone, it is a badged Japanese machine.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal.
    It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  6. #256
    Super Member Caroline S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Spanaway, Washington
    Posts
    3,673
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    While it is not a Japanese 15 clone, it is a badged Japanese machine.
    Perhaps we need a thread for Japanese badged machines. I am going to guess that the Emporium was made by Brother.
    Sweet Caroline

  7. #257
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    11,137
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    Perhaps we need a thread for Japanese badged machines. I am going to guess that the Emporium was made by Brother.
    yes we do - I have several and need to shoot some pics.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal.
    It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  8. #258
    Senior Member grant15clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    Posts
    720
    I would be up for that too. Do Dressmakers count?
    ~G~

  9. #259
    Super Member Caroline S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Spanaway, Washington
    Posts
    3,673
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    yes we do - I have several and need to shoot some pics.
    Well, who is going to be the one???? Does it need to be authorized or do we just go for it? I can start it if everyone is OK with that. I brought in my Brother 280 today to begin the clean up and took pics.

    Yes, Grant. Dressmakers count. In fact any vintage machine that is not a clone of the Singer 15 is eligible.
    Sweet Caroline

  10. #260
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,626
    Some nice machines!

Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26 27 36 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.