Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   learned about Daily Deal....... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/learned-about-daily-deal-t213282.html)

Geri B 02-08-2013 06:51 AM

learned about Daily Deal.......

I, for the first time, was interested in the Missouri Star Quilt Co. daily deal......a really cute charm pack offered for a great price of 2.77....but I wanted more than just one pack, so I updated the invoice to show 3 and when I proceeded to checkout it showed one at sale price and two at regular.....I called store and was told yes, one can only order one of the specials all else of that item are at reg. price....so I cancelled order........sort of a downer......I think they should at least offer a minimum amount of product, say 2/3. What I wanted to do would have required more than one pack. Just wanted anyone out there who has not ordered from there to be aware of limitation of daily special...........now I know......

JulieR 02-08-2013 07:00 AM

Well, it is a loss leader. They don't make money on the one item, they make it on anything else you buy while you are there. Many of the daily deal items are things you'd only buy one of anyway, but it's still a great deal to buy a precut at a loss leader price and a second at a good price.

mandyrose 02-08-2013 07:23 AM

and $5.00 shipping on top of the deal $2.77

JulieR 02-08-2013 07:37 AM

For those who still want to profit from the Daily Deal, I would advise having a shopping list already prepared, in case a) something on your list shows up as a deal, or b) something else you want is the deal, and you can add items from your list to the deal purchase to save shipping.

BellaBoo 02-08-2013 07:45 AM

$5 shipping is for one or a hundred items. As JulieR says, make a list and when a daily deal you really want is available then buy what is on your shopping list too. I don't know why anyone would get sticker shock over $5 shipping. Some items cost less then the mailing cost and many cost more.

Gramie bj 02-08-2013 08:03 AM

I just wish they were not sold out by 8 AM my time. This happened to me on more than one occasion.

mike'sgirl 02-08-2013 08:25 AM

I love MSQC. Every time I have ordered from them, I have had my stuff the same week if I ordered early enough in the week. I always get a hand written note from Jenny, which I think is a great touch.
Also, I would much rather buy two charm packs, with one at a reduced rate, than two at the regular rate. Just my opinion. Gina

willferg 02-08-2013 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5847035)
I don't know why anyone would get sticker shock over $5 shipping.

I think it's a reasonable shipping price, but sometimes when added to the Daily Deal, it makes it not such a deal. I've looked at a charm pack I really wanted that was a deal, but not when shipping was added. Then again, recently I got the titanium scissors for 50¢, and even with shipping it was a deal. And of course I added something more...:o

paulina 02-08-2013 09:01 AM

Well to be fair, they state in the description of the item that it is limited to 1, and state the price for any additional quantity. I have seen that every time. They aren't trying to be sneaky or anything. I've used the daily deal many many times, and even with shipping it is still a huge bargain for me. I would use way more than the $5 shipping in gas and other "gotta have it" items I would throw in my cart if I were in a brick and mortar store.

QuiltingHaven 02-08-2013 09:38 AM

My 2 cents. I love the fabric and the quality and cut is always perfect. I do try and keep a list but even if I buy 3 charm packs (1 on special, the others at reg price) and pay 5.00 shipping, it is a good buy for me, the nearest quality quilt shop is 20 minute- 30 minutes away and with gas at the price it is now, $5.00 is a good deal.