Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Any tent campers out there? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/any-tent-campers-out-there-t243531.html)

Quiltinjay 03-19-2014 02:06 PM

Any tent campers out there?

My DH and I have been tent camping since we were married 41 years ago. We just love camping , hiking and photographing (DH) nature. We have experienced so many wonderful things. Can't wait for warmer weather so we can get started again. Our favorite places to camp are national and state parks. Guess we'll crawl into that little tent for as long as we're able.

Tartan 03-19-2014 02:26 PM

Nope, to old for sleeping on the ground. We rent a cottage every summer but I like running water, a decent bed and no bugs.

jbj137 03-19-2014 02:41 PM

*** Not any more, did when kids were young.
*** Too old (67) for it now.

tessagin 03-19-2014 02:48 PM

Not sure where you're going and maybe you've already done this but government cutbacks have affected the national parks as far as certain activities. Hope you get to do what you want and have a good time. My idea of camping is not the same as yours but each to his own. Have fun!!

sew cornie 03-19-2014 02:56 PM

There's a significant difference between "sleeping in a tent" and "staying overnight in a tent". I tend to do the latter. By the 3rd night, I'm wiped out enough to actually sleep. Still, we love being outdoors and tent camp several times each summer, usually at state parks, but also in the backyard. The kids enjoy the novelty of it, even when we're right at home.

orangeroom 03-19-2014 03:00 PM

I used to tent camp when I was younger. My mom loved to camp. My dad didn't. We camped a lot. As an adult, I've camped at least once a year, every year that I was a girl scout leader, 14 years. I like it. My dh doesn't. We have two tents. Have fun together.

maryb119 03-19-2014 04:01 PM

On no.....I camp at Best Western. I took my Girl Scout troop tent camping and I stepped on a snake and had a bat swoop down near my head.....Yep...Best Western is the place for me! ;-)

MaryMo 03-19-2014 04:15 PM

I haven't done it in many years but sounds like fun if I could find a safe place. A few years ago I "camped" in my car every other night to save money .... not the most desirable but I did have some interesting experiences. Since then I've developed a sense of safety awareness, especially when it comes to traveling alone.

KerryA 03-19-2014 05:36 PM

We trailer camp - actually I wouldn't even call it camping. More like relocating!

auntpiggylpn 03-19-2014 05:46 PM

We are tent campers! We usually choose the state parks over privately owned ones. Our 15 yo Pomeranian Toby Bean goes with us. He has a great time! We always search out a pet friendly beach and let him trounce around in the water!