Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Pizza boxes to store quilt blocks. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/pizza-boxes-store-quilt-blocks-t255492.html)

Onebyone 10-18-2014 08:11 PM

Pizza boxes to store quilt blocks.

I stopped by a local pizza place to pick up a few clean boxes to hold some big quilt blocks. I haven't gotten any in a few years The guy said they were $4 each. That seems expensive for a pizza box. I went to another local pizza place and they were $3. I went to a chain pizza store, they were free but limit of one. I stopped at Walmart and got the super size pizza boxes for free. I got 3. These should last me another few years. Thank you Walmart! Of course I had to buy a rotisserie chicken there, fresh off the cooker. That aroma does me in every time. LOL

GrannieAnnie 10-18-2014 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 6934381)
I stopped by a local pizza place to pick up a few clean boxes to hold some big quilt blocks. I haven't gotten any in a few years The guy said they were $4 each. That seems expensive for a pizza box. I went to another local pizza place and they were $3. I went to a chain pizza store, they were free but limit of one. I stopped at Walmart and got the super size pizza boxes for free. I got 3. These should last me another few years. Thank you Walmart! Of course I had to buy a rotisserie chicken there, fresh off the cooker. That aroma does me in every time. LOL

Thanks for reminding me. I've got some leftover cold rotisserie chicken in the fridge. A leg and a thigh would make a good midnight snack.

gale 10-18-2014 10:33 PM

If you have a Gordon Food Service store they sell them there for cheap. I bought a bunch a long time ago to mail scrapbook paper in.

KwiltyKahy 10-18-2014 10:47 PM

I got mine by buying the bake it yourself pizza. They are clean and supper is taken care of so I can sew.

ManiacQuilter2 10-19-2014 06:10 AM

I use to use pizza boxes too. But I like seeing thru clear plastic so I switched to paper crafting boxes.

CraftyRN 10-19-2014 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 6934763)
I use to use pizza boxes too. But I like seeing thru clear plastic so I switched to paper crafting boxes.

That's a good idea! I've been wondering how to get organized with blocks. Do these boxes come in different sizes? Any recommendations for which to buy to have a few on hand?

tessagin 10-19-2014 06:17 AM

I got the same clear containers on sale for $3.99 at Michael's couple weeks ago. I put a label on the front so I know what's in them even though they are clear. I have names on the labels so I know whose project. Has the patterns and notes and swatches and sample blocks.

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 6934763)

Geri B 10-19-2014 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin (Post 6934776)
I got the same clear containers on sale for $3.99 at Michael's couple weeks ago. I put a label on the front so I know what's in them even though they are clear. I have names on the labels so I know whose project. Has the patterns and notes and swatches and sample blocks.

Got mine at michaels too, but they have wild colors.....love it.....but I noticed they really have that petroleum smell....wonder if a dryer sheet tucked into box will eliminate that? Anyone know something else......

GingerK 10-19-2014 07:04 AM

I hang on to the clear plastic containers from salad greens. I use them to organize my scraps They also stack nicely on my storage unit.

Onebyone 10-19-2014 07:54 AM

I don't store the blocks in the pizza boxes, I use them for transport. I have a lot of block exchanges at my sew groups.