Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Layout for an "un Baby" Baby quilt. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/layout-un-baby-baby-quilt-t261123.html)

MaryKatherine 02-11-2015 12:10 PM

Layout for an "un Baby" Baby quilt.

2 Attachment(s)
As long as I think I'm making this for my niece, the adventuresome mother, and she will just happen to use it as a baby quilt, I don't wince too much LOL
Yes I have to rearrange them a few more times so they aren't doubling up.
But the back blocks are assembled and I can't decide which layout to use. Off set or square?
Votes?

Rodney 02-11-2015 12:26 PM

I kind of like the offset version better. Should be a great boy's quilt.
Rodney

busy fingers 02-11-2015 12:33 PM

Once re-arranged so that there are no double ups I would go with the square version - it just seems to flow better to my eye.

MaryKatherine 02-11-2015 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Rodney (Post 7086587)
I kind of like the offset version better. Should be a great boy's quilt.
Rodney

Alas Its a girl. (Happy about the girl part)

QuiltE 02-11-2015 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by MaryKatherine (Post 7086598)
Alas Its a girl. (Happy about the girl part)

But is she going to get a girl's name?
Or should we be ready for some offbeat name that we can't figure out what it is?

I like the very lineal look of the first set.

I don't like the offset version, the way you have it. If you shift the third set of blocks over to the right to continue the diagonal started with the first and second, it might work out and I might change my mind!

Did you find your Big Horn Sheep?
And you have me totally curious what you are going to put on the flip side ..... for the not-a-girly-or-baby quilt! :)

ManiacQuilter2 02-11-2015 12:47 PM

Not the traditional baby quilt but if it was what Mommie to be wanted then that is all you need to care about is pleasing her.

MaryKatherine 02-11-2015 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 7086608)
But is she going to get a girl's name?
Or should we be ready for some offbeat name that we can't figure out what it is?

I like the very lineal look of the first set.

I don't like the offset version, the way you have it. If you shift the third set of blocks over to the right to continue the diagonal started with the first and second, it might work out and I might change my mind!

Did you find your Big Horn Sheep?
And you have me totally curious what you are going to put on the flip side ..... for the not-a-girly-or-baby quilt! :)

I DID find a BHS and you'll have to wait an see.
Girlie name? who knows. They're not saying.

QUILTNMO 02-11-2015 01:02 PM

as long as she likes it that is all that counts lol its going to be a great quilt!!!

lynnie 02-11-2015 02:01 PM

I too like the offset version. Nice and earthy

Kathy T. 02-11-2015 02:04 PM

I like the square setting and I like the animals. I would have loved these fabrics when I was a little girl. It will last the baby for a long time - go for it!