Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   New Year's Resolutions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/new-years-resolutions-t273766.html)

SewingSew 12-27-2015 11:00 AM

New Year's Resolutions

I plan to lose weight, exercise, have more fun, etc., and just generally live a healthier lifestyle. I will make an effort to think before I speak from now on. I plan to be more charitable with my time and resources this year. And I plan to complete a quilt that I have been procrastinating with.

What will your resolutions be?

GailG 12-27-2015 11:13 AM

It seems that each year I make basically the same resolutions that Sewing Sew has listed. And by the time New Year's Day 2017 rolls around I will be making the same one again. Is it human nature, or am I weak? :oI

SewingSew 12-27-2015 11:29 AM

Gail, I've heard before that instead of saying "I might" or "I plan to," we should say "I will," because saying "I will" is making a commitment. Making yourself accountable to someone is also helpful in following through.

To add to my resolution list; I will be more self-disciplined this year. LOL. It's hard to follow through, isn't it? I have trouble with the same thing!

cjsews 12-27-2015 12:26 PM

My goal for next year is to finish more UFOs and consume some of the fabrics I already have on hand Getting into better shape is a plan by I am not too good at sticking to that one 😛

ManiacQuilter2 12-27-2015 01:23 PM

I just don't make them anymore because I end up breaking them. Good Luck with sticking with you long list of resolutions.

Onebyone 12-27-2015 02:01 PM

I want to choose the best piece of steak off the grill, not think well my DH or my DD will like that one. I want to drink the last of the milk and not think I better save that for someone else. If I want the last cookie, the last ice cream sandwich, the last buttered roll, I will take it with no guilt feeling at all.

SewingSew 12-27-2015 02:10 PM

OneNote, you deserve it! I love your resolution.

SewingSew 12-27-2015 02:22 PM

Oneybone, I did not call you OneNote; my Kindle did. Until I changed a setting, the Kindle tried to call you Honeybone! LOL

NatalieF 12-27-2015 02:44 PM

My New Year's resolution is to declutter. Ack! the clutter in my house is driving me batty and that chaos affects me. So time to clear it out. I'm also going to meditate daily. I feel better when I do and for the past few months, I haven't been doing it and I notice the difference. Time to take those few minutes a day to decompress and still my thoughts.

Doggramma 12-27-2015 06:01 PM

I'm getting on the weight loss bus again. It involves writing down every single thing I eat with the calories. It always works - I just need to stick to it after the weight is gone. And I plan to start cleaning out closets and cupboards.