Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Help me choose, Please! Updated Pics-is it to much? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/help-me-choose-please-updated-pics-much-t4286.html)

2 Doods 01-29-2008 01:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I am making a baby girl quilt for a soon to be born granddaughter of a co-worker. I think it needs more color around the edge and it could be a bit larger so....
I tried the random size and color border Sample alond the top) and then I thought maybe repeat the color order and all the same size (Sample along the side).
I'm not able to decide....please let me know what you think!!!
Thank you!
2 Doods

UPDATE:
I am adding a picture that has a combo of the 2 borders. It wont let me do it here so I will add it in a reply...
It has smaller size blocks with random color placement. Sorry, I don't have a design board and had to pin it to a curtain. And it is just pinned on and not sewn. Kind of makes it lumpy but I think you can still see it.
Let me know what you think. :D

Top sample is random color and size
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4816[/ATTACH]

Side sample of repeated color all the same size
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4817[/ATTACH]

The little bugs show better in this one
[ATTACH=CONFIG]44018[/ATTACH]

lisae 01-29-2008 01:42 PM

I vote for random.

I like the top a lot.

3incollege 01-29-2008 01:58 PM

If it were me, I would just put the stripped fabric along the blue edge.
I don't think it needs two borders. You did a nice job! lucky co-worker.

Donna

Yvonne 01-29-2008 02:24 PM

Both options look great. My own personal preference, just because, is the uniform size. But, really, I could live with the random sizing also. Big help, aren't I? Sorry. Cute quilt! Love that blue border in there. Will you use that for the binding also?

P.S. I like the quilt even without any more borders. :lol:

cynde 01-29-2008 02:31 PM

I also think it looks good without the coloured border, but if you want an opinion on one of them I vote for the one with the narrow, uniform strips.

Make sure you let us see it when you have decided and it's all put together and quilted.

Catherine 01-29-2008 02:32 PM

I liked the smaller same size...seems to fit better with the size of the pinwhells with over bearing them. The colors are beautiful! I love baby quilts.

jamsbuying 01-29-2008 03:16 PM

Beautiful baby quilt. I like the looks of the same size stripe border, but that is just me (& I am NOT creative at all). I've added up to three different size borders to make a baby quilt, or a lap quilt, the size I want. Let us know what you decide and be sure and post a picture.

Dawn Hendrix 01-29-2008 03:18 PM

If it were mine I would do the random colors.. It just finishes it off for me. But either way it looks FABULOUS... Great JOb!

Kyiav10 01-29-2008 03:19 PM

Love this quilt. Great color choices.

Kyia

barnbum 01-29-2008 03:22 PM

Oh jeepers--you'll hear 50-50 and be no further ahead, but since the quilt pattern is precise, I like to keep that theme and go with the uniform smaller border idea.

Good luck. And of course you'll post when you're done? Right?? :D