Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Another way to post Photos from a Mac

Another way to post Photos from a Mac

Good Morning,
    I had another class at Apple for our Mac OSX 10.9 and this what I learned...I asked my trainer if i could post her instructions and she said sure.

To Upload Photo on Quiltingboards use Mac
    #1. Open iPhoto and find the photo you want to up load
    #2. Drag photo onto Desktop
    #3. Close iPhoto
    #4. Double click on photo on Desktop (should Open in Preview)
    #5 Go to Tools -- Adjust Size
    #6. You can adjust the 'Pixels" -- it will show you the size of the file below (either MB or KB) --
    ** Pixels must be smaller than 1.91 MB when you adjust
    #7. Close out of photo and it will Save
    #8 Go to Quilting Site and Manage Attachments to Upload
    #9 Choose the photo from the desktop to upload

You can then trash the photo from the desktop as it is still in your iPhoto at original size

Try this it really works...

Judy in Phx, AZ

Thanks for posting. It is hard to keep the instructions for posting photos current with such a variety of computers and operating systems. I was told I could NOT post from a computer running XP but I figure out a way that I could!! I am sure some board members will find this helpful.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

You are most welcome ManiacQuilter2, I found that finding a way to post photos made me happy

Judy

thank you Judy!

Thanks soooooo much!! I have been having trouble.. looks like my pic is bigger than recommend.
    ~ I'm a Blessed Nanna to 2 Grandsons & 5 Granddaughters ~
    ~ God Bless the USA ~
    ~ God Bless Our Troops ~

Judy - I've tried. But at #9 - it won't give me a choice of choosing pic from desktop….
    Also, sizes? Doesn't show in MBs…. HELP!!!!!
    These latest pics are from a digital camera, whereas before pics were from a different camera (that I have misplaced!!!! so mad at myself)… so went to this digitial & it was a bugger to transfer. Had to get a stick & it takes all pics off camera, once their on computer.
    Thanks…..
    ~ I'm a Blessed Nanna to 2 Grandsons & 5 Granddaughters ~
    ~ God Bless the USA ~
    ~ God Bless Our Troops ~

thank you so much.gonna bookmark and follow.hubby will be happy that he doesn't have to show me.
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by ljptexas View Post
    Judy - I've tried. But at #9 - it won't give me a choice of choosing pic from desktop….
    These latest pics are from a digital camera, whereas before pics were from a different camera (that I have misplaced!!!! so mad at myself)… so went to this digitial & it was a bugger to transfer. Had to get a stick & it takes all pics off camera, once their on computer.
    Thanks…..
    So sorry I will get on the Mac and see if I can figure out why... If not I can check with my instructor when I have my next class. ..will try to post again tonight . I am just learning to use our Mac I am not an expert

Judy in Phx, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by ljptexas View Post
    Thanks…..
    Hi again, I just posted photo in Pictures using the instructions in #1 post here. Tips when you goto #6 Tools it shows MB on the bottom left... adjust the photo size and see if it get in the range. close out and then go to quilting boards. When you go to post and continue on the "Manage attachments" it will take you to choose photo when you click on existing photo a box on the top right our your screen drops down select desktop and then click on the actual photo, select Choose and then upload photo. Please try it again using the steps and them small tips...

Judy