Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone else having a prob typing on this site?

anyone else having a prob typing on this site?

Funniest thing, when I type - only here, my letters show up a tad after I type, not like the usual; type, it's there. And this red line shows up and follows my word til it's complete. I miss spaces, letters, etc. Constantly correcting Of course I'm writing this and no prob, but its bee weeks like this. Is it something on my end?
    Judi in Ohio

I have never had that problem....and i hope you don't have it again! It sounds really irritating.

Dina

I haven't noticed any problem and I have an older computer trunning XP.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Power Poster
    ​I only have trouble typing on my iPad if another picture is loading.

I have had some weird funky things happen recently when using Mozilla. Like the cursor doesn't show up. But it happens infrequently and if I get out of the topic and back in again, it acts fine. When using explorer the site was crashing on me quite a bit so i switched to Mozilla.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    I get a late curser.. ill type a word and the first two letters dont show up.. but i think im just an impatient one.. im always in hurry..

This has been happening to me, too! I was considering asking this very question. Computer techs checked and said computer was clean---got it back home, and had missing letters all over again! Called them, and they said it must be a bad keyboard. Replaced that, still no change. It's very irritating, and so s--l--o--w! Has been happening for about a month or a month and a half (?). I keep doing Norton maintenance chores, which sometimes help a bit, sometimes not at all.

For me, it was happening using Internet Explorer as my browser. Not when using Mozilla Firefox. The red lines are indicative of a spellcheck functioning in the background somewhere - either on this site itself or the browser.

think sometimes the server is slow perhaps on the quilting board as it doesn't happen on any other site for me. you type and cant see your letters. happens but thankfully not often.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

In order to correct the problem, you can select the A/A in the left corner above the typing box before you start typing. Or you can go to settings and under General Account (left side of page) go down to Miscellaneous Options and for Message Editor Interface select Standard Editor. Previously I had Enhanced Interface selected, and it used to work fine, but something changed somewhere and now that option no longer performs correctly for me. Standard Editor works well though.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast