Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Problems with this site >

Problems with this site

Problems with this site

Old 01-06-2014, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
I haven't had those problems, but in the past few days when I'm typing a response sometimes my keyboard strokes aren't recorded, and I have to type very slowly -- like one stroke every 10 seconds. When that happens, I also can't scroll the page. I've just allowed IE11 to install, so wondered if there might be a compatibility issue.
Me too, in fact, it was still happening this morning on my laptop
Old 01-06-2014, 03:23 PM

For the last 3 weeks I haven't even been able to even open the newsletter. My virus protection kept telling me it was malware and closing the page. I haven't done anything different before when I could access the newsletter and suddenly last week I could open it again. Curious.....
Old 01-06-2014, 04:00 PM

Sometimes the problem isn't with the site, it's with the anti-virus software. The anti-virus companies keep running lists of adware, malware, spam, viruses, etc., and sometimes the information isn't correct or updated. I had this problem a couple of years ago, a company my employer (a law firm) was doing business with was using some kind of software that not only blocked the law firm's emails, it reported our IP address as malware to all the other anti-virus companies, which in turn blocked all our other e-traffic. It was an absolute nightmare to untangle.

I suspect, since some members are not having problems, that the issue isn't with the site, it's with either the anti-virus software or the browser.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:56 AM

I'm still having problems with slow typing in the reply window in Private Messages, and occasionally in regular reply. It started after IE 11 installed, but the techs at Microsoft can't find a problem. Of course it doesn't happen when I'm online with them. It just took me 5 minutes to type a simple 4 line response in PM, and this reply window was working fine until this last sentence.
---I’ve given up and moved to my Word program to finish typing this response – then I’ll copy and paste.---

When the typing really slows down, the words are underlined in red until they are complete. So I wonder if IE 11 has an automatic spell checker installed that is not playing well with this site? It works fine on the two other sites I am active on. It is only this site.
I know I can switch to another browser but I really don’t want to switch back and forth just to be able to communicate here.
If anyone has any idea of what might be going on, I’d appreciate some tips. Thanks.