Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 37 of 108 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 47 87 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Fabric Moratorium

I just joined a side swap on the table runner swap. The theme is "tropical splendor" and I'm tempted to snatch up some batiks for it. It sounds like my stash is small compared to some people, but I really don't have a whole lot of tropical prints or bright colors except the leftovers from a mini-bundle of FQ's I bought to make mug rugs for my boyfriend's office staff for Christmas.

Wish I could join you. I have so much fabric; some I bought two years ago because I just loved it and have not used it yet. I am trying right now to use up all my scraps then start using the stash I have.

Blog Entries
    well, March was troublesome - there was that Shop Hop in the middle of it. But I showed great restraint! And April, well, you know............there's always an excuse! But the fabric I bought for a baby quilt will be in and out of the stash within the month. She specifically asked for jungle theme and I had nothin' in the stash. And the 3 yards of batick I bought today was the ONLY possible choice for setting triangles for the block swap blocks I just got at guild last month. the good news is that the second block swap will be sashed, backed and bound all from stash. And I get extra points since I used stash for the blocks I personally put into the swap, right? I think I'm going to be able to stick to this for the rest of the month. Really, I do!
    We are here to learn how to live in heaven - I'm still learning.

Blog Entries
    You're doing fine, Paula - you're buying needed fabric and thinking about what you are doing. That's all any of can do.

Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
    If you bought it while traveling on vacation, it counts as a souvenir!
    I do like the way you think! Will have to remember this.

Blog Entries
    has anyone seen my wagon? i fell off so long ago, i'm not sure i even remember what color it is! i'm pretty sure it has wheels. ya know, as soon as i said i won't buy fabric i went into panic mode! it's like a huge anxiety attack-- like-- i will run out of stash between now and next january! oh, please! if i live to 101 i will still have enough for my kids to inherit! most of it will probably be the fabric i was going to make something for them out of anyway. i can't go on a moratorium, i'm sorry. it has the reverse effect, making me driven to buy! all i can do is stay out of joann's, and delete all the e-mails from retail sources, and stay away from garage sales. this means i have turned into a hermit!! i'm afraid to leave the house, there's fabric out there and it's calling my name! i am no longer on the moratorium. now maybe i can stop buying fabric! am i the only one?
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    oh, goodness! i just read the remark about fabric bought on vacation is a souvenir and doesn't count. i'm sunk! i'm going to be in dallas for a month! do you know how many great fabric/quilt stores there are in the dfw area???? just shoot me now! or throw a sewing machine at my head, it could be a hit and run! help!!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    Just swung by to see how you are doing. Is this an enabling group?!!!
    Fortune favours the prepared mind
    "Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    Hubby and I were near a JoAnn's yesterday and he asked me if I needed anything. I told him I wasn't going in as I was trying to use up what I had. I think he was surprised but pleased that I could stay 'strong'! I told him that when I needed something that I did not have, I would then make a foray into the store. Trying to stay on the wagon, at least for this year. :-)
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Quote Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 View Post
    Hubby and I were near a JoAnn's yesterday and he asked me if I needed anything. I told him I wasn't going in as I was trying to use up what I had. I think he was surprised but pleased that I could stay 'strong'! I told him that when I needed something that I did not have, I would then make a foray into the store. Trying to stay on the wagon, at least for this year. :-)
    If we are driving by a quilt shop and I tell DH I don't want to stop when he askes me, he thinks we need to go to the hospital to have me examined! LOL
    Sophie2

Page 37 of 108 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 47 87 ... LastLast