Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 127 of 141 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 126 127 128 137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1405

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Everyone had such beautiful finishes this month (wait, I mean LAST month). We're getting down to the wire...two more months in 2013. Since I STILL have so many UFO's, I'm hoping we'll start a new UFO "club" in 2014 - it has spurred me on to get more done.

I agree a new thread in 2014 is a great idea. I haven't been quilting as long as some of you so don't have as many UFOs, but a goal of finishing a started quilt (or smaller projects) each month has been a great motivator for me. I will post a pic of this month's project in the sister thread....

I too am hoping this group continues in 2014... while I look forward to not being totally UFO-bic I will still be working on them. Some of my remaining UFOs are kind of planned UFOs for the future (bed quilts for future guest room etc.)so I'll be thinking about how I want to proceed with them. But I will have several on my finishing radar of course and maybe in the spring I will be able to dial back to a goal of 1 a month. What a treat that will be!

Hello I just joined today and hope this group continues next year also. I have a lot of UFO's and this would encourage me to get them done.

welcome pelikanbus62! This has been a great group and the encouragement is such a motivator!

Here's my first UFO for November (how do you like that...I act like I'm going to finish more than one this month. Talk about the power of positive thinking! Wait, another word for it is delusional...)

It's from Fons & Porter's Easy Quilts, Summer 2013 - Elephant in the Room. It's a baby quilt for a friend's new grandbaby due next month. I had the quilt on my ironing board. My husband (who is normally very supportive and complimentary of my work) asked who the quilt is for. I told him and his response was, "I don't like it. It's not symmetrical at all." Yes, he is an engineer. And yes, he made an argument for 'Husbands - can't live with them, can't leave them on the side of the road.'
    Name:  Mom's Phone_20131101_002.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  1.79 MB

michelleoc - I love it! Did you bring the binding from the back? It looks like minky.
    And who says you can't leave a husband on the side of the road? LOL.
    I love quilting - it's cheaper than therapy!
    Swap Items
    Boom 10

Michelloec, I love it and what do husbands know any way. Thanks for the welcome. Right off the top of my head I believe I have at least six to finish and at least 6 to start. I need a few more hours in my day to work on my quilts.

Fraew.... wonderful Halloween quilts.... aren't they fun?

asimplelife.... beautiful. I think you do such a nice job of fabric selection for your quilts. I really need to do some scrappy quilts to use up some stash... yours are lovely.
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

Michelloec..... What do DHs know? I think it's really cute....
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

Is it too late to jump in for this year?

Page 127 of 141 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 126 127 128 137 ... LastLast