Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Blog Entries
    This is the Row Robin I was in 2 yrs. ago. I put it away and finally decided to get it to a long armer for machine quilting. It made a vast difference in how it looks! Now it hangs in our dining room--with pride!
    Have a wonderful Quilting Day, make it your way!
    Marta
    Martha Tompkins

Blog Entries
    This is my recently completed Quilt of Valor. This is my first, so of course I am hyper-critical of my own work. It will go to the long armer in a couple of weeks. Mariah
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Marta
    Martha Tompkins

Blog Entries
    This is my Row Robin, completed May 2011. Lots of fun, met lots of neat girls, learned a lot!
    MariahName:  CIMG0569.JPG
Views: 230
Size:  1.52 MB
    Marta
    Martha Tompkins

I love both your quilts, Mariah. The row robin has some really interesting blocks.

That is so pretty, gramajo. Using the yellow fabric again in the first border really pulls it all together. Lovely quilt!

Great job you guys! These quilts are looking great and really make me want to pull my machine back out and start another one...as soon as I finish a commission piece and buy more fabric!

Blog Entries
    It feels so good to get a UFO done doesn't it. Nice work Mariah. Be proud of the work you accomplish.

I actually found a magazine that was in my stack of mags, that I had started a project approximately 7 years ago. Yep, it is there. Thank goodness it is a table runner. Hopefully will get it sewed up this weekend since I get to make the DD's boyfriend do some tilling and garden work for me seeing how I am on light duty for a little bit. Yep, there is a blessing in being hurt. Ahhhh, I may even have a glass of iced tea and a lawn chair while I watch them work, or would that be to much enjoyment in their efforts. Mind you, I love to run the tiller and it is a new one.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Mariah: Great job. Two finishes in one month. So envious. I don't think I am going to get mine done. Still have the border quilting and the binding.

Quilter Momma: We have to stop meeting like this. No fun being on the disabled list but the lawn chair and iced tea sound good. If they ask say your there to root them on.

Well thought I was going to get the binding done on Billye Hannah's birthday quilt but DGS had other ideas. So I made a denim bag with superheroes lining for his iPad and put fleece on the back of the hot air balloon swap block quilt. Now I have two that need binding!

Done! This one wasn't really a UFO yet, it was more of an attempt to prevent a UFO. This is a BOM from last year - borders went on in Feb and it's done now! And for those reading the sister thread - I've almost managed to forget about my little disaster.
    Name:  P3290684.JPG
Views: 186
Size:  191.5 KB

Gorgeous, Krista!
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Beautiful Krista, I especially love the sashing and how it ties the whole quilt together.

Krista: Your quilt is outstanding. I did see it before when you were having problems with "what shall remain nameless", but everytime I see it it just zaps me. It really is an exceptional quilt.

kristakz, Your quilt is lovely.

I got my UFO for March done today...I have had the material cut for over a year, sewed the blocks and borders at a retreat earlier this month and did the quilting/binding this week. It is going to one of the ladies (whose become a good friend) from my retreats. These were some fabrics I got in a 5yd bundle...I added the green and purple. It was something I liked better when I bought it than I do now, but am glad the lady whose getting it loves it.

Last edited by carriem; 03-29-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Krista--great job getting this BOM quilt done! It is beautiful

Blog Entries
    So eye catching Carrie
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Krista, your quilt is stunning!

CarrieM, best of all, it is done and off your UFO list! You might not be too thrilled with it but I like the colors. I like the purple and green addition. Is the pattern simple because it looks like something my "modern" daughter would prefer over traditional style blocks.

q.alba--I do like the colors, just the combo is brighter than I usually work with. The pattern is very quick and easy. It's called "Roxanne's Log Cabin"....it is a pattern designed by someone at the quilt shop where I work "Connie's Quilt Shop" in Marion, IA. She doesn't have a website but does do mail orders. If you want the shop # PM me or do a search. The original pattern has a narrower 1st border and ends with the piano key borders. It just takes 4 yds (one of each color) for the blocks and 2nd border. Then 3/4yd for the narrow border and binding. I needed it bigger so made the 1st border a little wider and added border #3 (another yard of fabric)...the way I have it, it is a nice large lap quilt (almost twin)...perfect for the bunk beds at the camp where we retreat.

Carrie: Luv the orange and purple together. Its a combination I would like to try someday. Really a cheerful, bright quilt.

The UFO finishes for March have been so amazing! Way to go EVERYONE!!

I finished 2 more off my list (just 56 more to go!) I'm looking forward to getting below 50... kind of a psychological break through or something like that! Just like I was actually happy when my starting point of 94 didn't break 100.

Charming Stars (UFO Finish #21) was made from 2 charm packs using the "Little Charmers II" pattern by Anka's Treasures. I really love the soft colors and pretty florals in this quilt.

And, stockings 2,3 & 4 (UFO Finish #22) have joined stocking #1 which I finished in December 2012. This was my only UFO I carried over from 2012 (part of the the key to finishing them for me is not creating any more!). They are from a Thimbleberries pattern called "Christmas Patchwork Stockings" and I used all Thimbleberries fabrics and leftover waste triangles from my Thimbleberries tree skirt to make them. They are lined with muslin, have a flannel batting and I used the old fashioned Santa print on stocking #1 for backing them all. It will be a treat to finally have a handmade set of stockings to put out come Christmas time.

Krista- that is wonderful! congrats on getting it all done, it looks great!
    Carrie- I love the colors in that quilt! However I know the feeling of wanting to be rid of a quilt...I have had several that I am pleased to see go out the door! Hope your friend likes it!

Krista: Your quilt is beautiful.
    Carrie: I absolutely love your fabrics together.

Great job everyone. Final two-day push before the new month starts...let's go!!

asimplelife- Great job! I love the stockings, they are on my list to do this year!

Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast