Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 47 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Blog Entries
    Sheri, Wow what an undertaking you are on! Such a special gift for those kids! I love your pattern/quilt, and I love your label too!

Quiltermama, all 6 of those quilts are beautiful, but I especially love the bottom right one! Great job!

Thank you all for your kind words after my FIL passed. I still need to do his label, then that quilt will get put up. I think it will eventually go to a grandson. That quilt was a Mystery Quilt. I didn't know what it would look like until it was done, but I was worried as I kept ripping out colors I did not like and replacing them with more of the planes - so the vintage airplanes ended up as 3 of the colors. I was really worried about how that would effect the final pattern, but it actually turned out ok!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    I bought that top off Ebay several years ago with the intent of practicing quilting. Well it sat and sat and sat and sat and sat some more till I finally finished it. Yes, it is fabric from the 70s for sure.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

QuilterMomma--those are some great quilts!! Keep it up.

QuilterMomma - wow, you have been busy! They all look terrific.

Blog Entries
    I was experiementing on the churn dash a quilt motif and did not like the quilt till I look in the photo and now it is growing on me. The baby quilts are at the church and ready for the next babies to come along. Now to tackle a large project that involves actually marking a quilt top to quilt. Doing a painted wholecloth quilt that has been sitting there for about three years now. Time to get it done! Pray I can get thru it. Has to be at least 30 hours quilting time on the longarm.

Wow! So productive and lovely finishes. Congrats!

Blog Entries
    Thank you ladies. I have one more done but can't post till she gets it in the mail. One of those scrap ufos I cut out a few years ago. Once she gets it, will show that one. It turned out so nice. I think I need to make one for myself.

Blog Entries
    Here is one I finished last week as well. Linny received it now so can show it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quilter Momma: Your diamond quilt is beautiful. Truly great! Did you hand piece it? Are there as many set-in seams as there appears? Really think diamonds make an extraordinary quilt but think of them as being difficult. Do you know any secrets?

Blog Entries
    Yes there are all those set in seams. The blocks to put together were set ins as well. Well worth the effort. All machined pieced. I applied Jinny Beyers techniques and really watched that quarter inch seam on the points.

Blog Entries
    Like this one for sure!!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I'm not able to get one done per month, but I did manage to get this one done just in time for my grandson's graduation last week...twin size. Bonnie Hunter's Double Delight QA back in 2005...top got done.

Vicki--that's a great finish and looks like a happy GS

Blog Entries
    Eeeeek VickiM! It's gorgeous! And congratulations.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Blog Entries
    Well that's a great finish, Vicki, and it counts big time.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Blog Entries
    (oops, posted to wrong forum) sorry.
    Last edited by jillaine; 06-16-2013 at 07:05 AM. Reason: posted to wrong group.
    jillaine

QuilterMomma and Vicki, your quilts are just gorgeous! Congratulations on the completions.

Blog Entries
    Oooooooo, that is awesome Vicki. Like that one. Now do one for my nephew please. It is on my to do list, but none of my UFOs are masculine anymore.

Long time with no posts... the end of the school year was very busy and I'm still trying to get into a good routine! And I had a DIY project that really tested me and took way more time than I anticipated when I started stripping wallpaper in my new quilting room in late April. I have no idea how many hours I've spent in that room doing everything but sewing!

Finally the last coat of paint was done late Friday afternoon and I got the room cleaned up and then set it up for sewing on Saturday. And now I am ready to get back to UFO Busting big time! I posted some pictures of my new room in Mission Organization if you want a peak.

QuilterMomma - your quilts are wonderful! I especially like the last one with that intricate diamond pattern. Wow - so pretty!

I need to read back many pages and see all the work you all have done - should have done that before I started typing on Page 91.

VickiM - Double Delight is gorgeous... you did a great job with your colors for a perfect guy quilt. I find that to be a challenge myself! I love all of those 9 patches on point.

SheriR - I'm blown away by the project you are undertaking... what a treasure those quilts will be!

BoJangles - I'm so sorry that your FIL didn't get to enjoy that beautiful quilt. I've never seen a quilt on a casket and I think it is just a wonderful tribute. Something to think about...

Missgigglewings - I think Sparkle Stars for Jessie is perfectly named! Such pretty colors and I just love that purple sashing. It sets everything off so nicely.

Emma S. - The quilting on your April UFO looks so great! I really like that layout a lot and the pretty rich colors too.

Michelleoc - I really like how you did the diagonal randomly spaced quilting, it really adds a lot of interest to your quilt. Did you mark the top or use masking tape? I need to try that!

Carriem - Green & purple is one of my favorite color combinations so of course I love Roxanne's Log Cabin! Great job.

I hope I didn't miss anyone since since my last post!

Asimplelife: Welcome back, you've been missed. Saw your lovely sewing room. Must feel good to accomplish so much. Lovely and serene. It is however, missing all kinds of little material scraps and loose threads.

Blog Entries
    You got that right Emma.
    So sweet of you asimplelife to be sure to chit chat and recognize us all. we missed seeing you on your quest. Now we will get to see that production come flying again?
    I counted the stack of binding to be done, ummmmm, I have five projects that need binding. I do have one of them on the longarm working it up so hopefully get to show something there soon, then working on that 30s bom this week. Just made 31 pinwheels and half my snowball blocks for the border this am. Did get the applique part done. Hopefully get it done this week.
    Off to get my work done for today so then can work on the applique for the vest that needs done before it turns older than me.

Thanks ladies! My room will rarely be that clean... but I AM trying to keep it manageable. Having more space helps and there is no bed to "accidentally" pile things up on!

I did finish 2 UFOs since I last posted. This is Watercolor Spring made from "More Fat Quarter Quilts" by M'Liss Rae Hawley. I had sent this along with Shabby Strings to my LAQ back in February and sadly found that they came back just before Easter that she had switched the backings between the two. And she hadn't used the thin batting I'd requested for Shabby Strings either.

It was really disappointing and I ended up putting them back in the box for weeks before I pulled them out and decided to finish them late in May as is. I was able to negotiate a refund from my LAQ for the quilting (I paid her for batting, thread and postage) but she didn't handle it very well and I'm going to be trying out other long arm quilters going forward.

But, it's a finish at any rate and I'll probably hang it on the wall next spring. And I'm using Shabby Strings on my guestroom trundle bed as a comforter instead of the cuddle quilt I'd planned. It does look nice there so I guess I'm getting over it!

This is a set of blocks for Heartstrings Quilt Project that I had started back in 2009 for a special challenge project. Of course I never sent them in (typical me!) and so they turned into a UFO. I was able to find enough of the green middle fabric in my stash to make another 28 blocks earlier this month for a complete set of 48 to send in.

I just LOVE making string blocks and these were "comfort sewing" while I was battling wallpaper in my new quilting room. Heartstrings is a great organization and so flexible to work with - you can finish the quilts yourself and donate locally or send the blocks to a coordinator who arranges for assembly, quilting and binding. Until I get on top of my UFOs I enjoy making them and mailing them!

This color combination turned out to be so pretty... I love the teal centers against the fall colors. This was UFO Finish #45 since 10/1/2012. I'm edging towards the halfway mark with 56 to go!

Quote Originally Posted by asimplelife View Post
    SheriR - I'm blown away by the project you are undertaking... what a treasure those quilts will be!
    I was able to finish FIVE tops last week. Saturday I started cutting Grandma fabric again. I'm put together "kits" for the next 13 quilts. As soon as I finish cutting I'll sew those and then start sandwiching and quilting. I promise to keep you posted!

SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 47 ... LastLast