Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 128 of 141 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 127 128 129 138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1405

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Never too late to start working on UFOs!!

Thanks for the kudos. I feel better. Yes, it is minky that I brought from the back. When she opened the gift at the baby shower a bunch of ladies jumped out of their chairs and were fondling the fabric!

Well, ladies, I know I fell way short of the mark of getting my UFOs done so I definitely will need to continue next year. Anyone can start the new thread for 2014 if I don't get it done before you are ready to post something. Just follow the same guidelines as I used this year, which I borrowed from 2012.
    I wonder if there is a way to make this a permanent group on here. Hmmm.... don't think it will ever not be needed by some members.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Michelleoc - I adore this one! Such cute fabrics, great color palette and an appealing layout (to my eye anyway!... LOL).

Here is my latest... I've got a trio of these in batiks that I'm finishing up this week for Project Linus. This is Batik Noodle Recipe 1.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
    Fraew.... wonderful Halloween quilts.... aren't they fun?

asimplelife.... beautiful. I think you do such a nice job of fabric selection for your quilts. I really need to do some scrappy quilts to use up some stash... yours are lovely.
    Thank you so much - that is such a nice compliment! I love playing with color combinations and love fabric of all types too. Kind of wish there were some I didn't feel compelled to collect!

Blog Entries
    Name:  First I Spy Tumbler Quilt 001.JPG
Views: 149
Size:  643.0 KBIT'S DONE!!! Finally after a number of years, this one will go to a baby girl who is to be born in December, 2013. Waiting for her name to put on a label. It was so fun to do maybe I'll start another one, (after I finish a few other UFO's).
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

everose, love your tumbler quilt. I'd like to make one, but I have to figure out the cutting without any waste. I have lots of pretty floral fabrics and think they would make a pretty tumbler.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

I love seeing all the finished quilts. I hope by the end of this month to have some to show for.
    Anna Quilts

wildyard--I have this tumbler template and it makes it really easy to cut out of strips http://www.frommarti.com/tumbler_templates.shtml

everose - your tumbler quilt is so much fun! I love seeing novelty prints used in that way.

carriem - thanks for the reference to the tool. Easy cutting from strips works for me!

Here is Batik Noodle Recipe 2. I really love the quilting on this one and am adding a 2nd photo for more detail. The mighty walking foot can do more than straight lines!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 128 of 141 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 127 128 129 138 ... LastLast