Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 132 of 141 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 131 132 133 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1405

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Blog Entries
    Better late than never--nice job.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

What a lovely quilt, wildyard. 40 years together is special..... and a special quilt is perfect.
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

Congratulations on your 40........ uh 41st year! Looks like they were fun active years. Memory quilts mean so much to the people that lived it and their too. Great finish!

I really like this idea wildyard! I wonder how many fabrics I could find for my DH... something to think about as I rearrange my stash over the winter. We have our 30th coming up in June so I have some time. Congratulations to you and yours!

Today's finish is a special one. In January I set a goal of finishing a UFO a week in 2013 and this is UFO Finish #52!!

Arkansas Crossings is from the book "Quilts From the Heart" by Karin Renaud and this is the 4th UFO I've finished from her book so let's just say it is one of my favorites for scrappy inspiration! I have some leftover 4 patches and lots more 2" squares so I'll be starting another one. Such a fun pattern.

I'm including a 2nd photo which shows the quilting better. As I was starting to trim it for binding I wasn't happy with how the white X's looked (they were kind of "poofy" compared to the patchwork squares) so I decided to add the diagonal lines down the center of the X's which added so much I thought. I'm getting more confident at making quilting decisions and that feels great!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries
    Congratulations asimplelife! Something for me to attempt--thanks for sharing your success.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Asimplelife: Love that pattern and the border echos every one of your scrap colors. Something about scrappy with a white background or X's always looks so crisp to me. Congrats on the 52nd!

asimplelife: another fun quilt! Great job accomplishing your goal!! YAY!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
    Asimplelife: Love that pattern and the border echos every one of your scrap colors. Something about scrappy with a white background or X's always looks so crisp to me. Congrats on the 52nd!
    Agreed! Love it. Adding to the "gotta make me one o them" list.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Oh, simple.... it's such a pretty quilt. Again, you do such a nice job of putting together bright fabrics that just 'POP'. Love it.
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

Thanks everyone! This one has moved from the Project Linus pile to the keeper pile... I'm sure a special person will happen along one day for it. Being #52 and all I'd like to hang onto it for awhile and use it for inspiration.

My next one is ready for binding but I'm having a lazy Monday so far... it's cold and windy outside and I'm tempted to snuggle up under a quilt for an afternoon nap. Had family home for the weekend which I loved but it always takes me a day to regroup.

Page 132 of 141 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 131 132 133 ... LastLast