Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 137 of 141 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 136 137 138 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1403

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
    Well time for confession. I was really good this year, completing 6 of my 14 UFO's, starting no new quilts. Well along comes Bonnie Hunter's new mystery quilt with its beautiful bright colors and every one already in my stash. For the rest of the year I am seriously off task but plan on finishing those 8 UFO's in 2014.
    I think any and all progress is great and you finished some big ones Emma! I'm planning to work hard on UFOs through the winter and then dial it back to 1 a month and that will be wonderful... as long as I keep finishing what I start that is.

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    I have my list started. Do you all have your list ready for next year?
    Yes, I do. I really HAVE to finish that quilt on the frame that I'm hand quilting..... and the OBO that I started 5 years ago. I have that BOM from 6 years ago and my daughter's cathedral window that I started for her 25th wedding anniversary. Oh my, that was 2 years ago. Where does the time go?

Then, I have some quilts that I've promised to people..... a baby quilt for my cousin's 1st grandbaby, 2 great nephew quilts (the last great nephews of 9), 1 great niece ( the last of 7) and I'm done..... Yeah!!!

That's 8 quilts, total.... I can do that, can't I?? I think I can, I think I can..... I really have to try!
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

That is a really great Christmas quilt, simple life. One of the first quilts I ever made was a Christmas quilt and I get it out every year to add a festive touch to the living room.... and it's so nice to cuddle under when the snow is flying around like yesterday. Do you still have a few to finish before the new year? I really love all the quilts you've posted this year..... I think I've said it before. You really have an eye for putting fabrics together. .... really nice.
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

I'm thinking we should talk to admin about this becoming a permanent thread here on QB. LOL, seems like there will always be a need for this great cheering and support group!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Wildyard: I so agree. Not only great people but beautiful quilts. I really don't understand why they ever became UFOs.

this is my goal for 2014. My only resolution. I will put all my ufos together before I join one more swap. I have at least 4 quilts that need putting together sashing and such and well that is my least favorite part of quilt making.. so it goes in this nice bin I close the top and tada.. out of site out of mind.. not going to allow this to continue. I will make those quilts. (I hope) so yes please run this forum again for 2014. I will be right here with all of you. And I will do it. remind me ok?? lol
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Elisabrat: The various quilt alongs and mystery quilts are my downfalls too. I happen to know that you are an enabler since I am going to give in to your medallion quilt along you are organizing. Shame on you! LOL

Blog Entries
    Agreed on keeping this one up. I need to finish up those UFOs that did not get done this year. I do have some unfortunately. If I put all the fabric collected for those WIPs, then I would be about caught up. These have been very pretty quilts that turned to UFOs. Sometimes I think we just do like Emma, get side tracked and see all the new pretty ones and feel we need to start them. That is mee. I see the next new thing and say wow, let me do that.
    For next year, I am only doing three projects that are new. That is my argyle bargello, a Linda Martin log cabin, and Graduation Memory Quilt for daughter. I have all the supplies for these, just have to do them now. Plus, they will be going into show so they will be special. If I can finish up those UFOs on my list, I will definitely have some show quilts from them.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

I am planning to start the 50 Fabulous Stars quilt and Dear Jane in 2014. Otherwise will just continue finishing up UFOs...need to make a list of what I have left.

asimplelife--that's a fun Christmas quilt! Great idea to finish two tops as one quilt.

Carrie: Uuuuuh just wanted to point out that those two quilts could be a year project all by themselves. Well we will be here to root you on. Quilters, always ready for a challenge.

Page 137 of 141 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 136 137 138 ... LastLast