Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 82 of 141 FirstFirst ... 32 72 81 82 83 92 132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by narnianquilter View Post
    Well, I totally missed the April UFO...but I finished 4-5 in Feb/March so that counts for something right? Go with it.

Right now I need a kick in the pants ladies! I am almost 42 weeks pregnant and can't get the energy up to do anything! And i need to finish 2 quilts by June 20th! Here's hoping!
    You definitely deserve maternity leave from UFOs. I hope you have an safe and easy delivery...SOON! You can sew later when the baby is sleeping....and I hope he/she does....a lot .
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

I finished 2 small wall hanging today. Just need to finish the label for one of them. Happy to get them off the design wall.

Name:  DSCF3053.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  94.5 KB

Name:  DSCF3052.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  99.5 KB
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Cindy those wall hangings are lovely!

Cindy--I like those wall hangings...good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
    LOL You don't need a kick in the pants, you need to have that baby. Congratulations! Do you know what you are having?
    We do! We are having a little boy...someday at this point! Tuesday I go back to the doc for an induction appt if this little guy doesn't get moving on his own. What makes it worse is my cousin was due 10 days AFTER me and she just had her baby girl yesterday! Talk about unfair!

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by narnianquilter View Post
    Well, I totally missed the April UFO...but I finished 4-5 in Feb/March so that counts for something right? Go with it.

Right now I need a kick in the pants ladies! I am almost 42 weeks pregnant and can't get the energy up to do anything! And i need to finish 2 quilts by June 20th! Here's hoping!
    Being pregnant is enough of a job by itself at times - - - -

Three finishes for April-May. I think I counted them as March too... LOL

My daughter's family went to Disney World last spring. 2012. Each of her three children had a clipboard with fabric squares which they used to collect the character signatures. She whipped them into quilts as soon as she got home then left them with me. Long story, short... the lady who was suppose to quilt them fell through so I stepped up. I had this great idea of putting Mickey Mouse ears all over them.

First pic is the first finish. 84"x68". Big Mickey on the siggi and many many Mickey ears everywhere else.

Second pic, second finish. 92"x78". Pink Disney, yes for Princess GD. Echo Mickeys over siggis and flowers and hearts for filler.

Third pic, third finish. 94"x72". Star-burst Mickeys on siggis. Straight lines in four directions for filler and castles w/fireworks on the border.

I LOVE them all. I feel bad I got better as I went, and more creative. Truly, I am a beginner at free motion. The first quilt was JUST Mickey ears. Then I got more bold and creative as I went on. The castle border I printed as clip art, pinned the picture in it's spot, and sewed over the outline, then spent today removing paper 40 castles total, I think.
    Attached Images Attached Images              
    SheriR~
    2.5" stamp swap! Come join the fun.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t250047.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html
    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Sheri: What a great job on all three, good memories captured. So you don't have enough UFOs of your own so you have to have other people start them for you? LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
    Sheri: What a great job on all three, good memories captured. So you don't have enough UFOs of your own so you have to have other people start them for you? LOL
    Ditto to all of that! He he
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Oh Sheri They are wonderful!!!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Page 82 of 141 FirstFirst ... 32 72 81 82 83 92 132 ... LastLast