Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 93 of 141 FirstFirst ... 43 83 92 93 94 103 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Long time with no posts... the end of the school year was very busy and I'm still trying to get into a good routine! And I had a DIY project that really tested me and took way more time than I anticipated when I started stripping wallpaper in my new quilting room in late April. I have no idea how many hours I've spent in that room doing everything but sewing!

Finally the last coat of paint was done late Friday afternoon and I got the room cleaned up and then set it up for sewing on Saturday. And now I am ready to get back to UFO Busting big time! I posted some pictures of my new room in Mission Organization if you want a peak.

QuilterMomma - your quilts are wonderful! I especially like the last one with that intricate diamond pattern. Wow - so pretty!

I need to read back many pages and see all the work you all have done - should have done that before I started typing on Page 91.

VickiM - Double Delight is gorgeous... you did a great job with your colors for a perfect guy quilt. I find that to be a challenge myself! I love all of those 9 patches on point.

SheriR - I'm blown away by the project you are undertaking... what a treasure those quilts will be!

BoJangles - I'm so sorry that your FIL didn't get to enjoy that beautiful quilt. I've never seen a quilt on a casket and I think it is just a wonderful tribute. Something to think about...

Missgigglewings - I think Sparkle Stars for Jessie is perfectly named! Such pretty colors and I just love that purple sashing. It sets everything off so nicely.

Emma S. - The quilting on your April UFO looks so great! I really like that layout a lot and the pretty rich colors too.

Michelleoc - I really like how you did the diagonal randomly spaced quilting, it really adds a lot of interest to your quilt. Did you mark the top or use masking tape? I need to try that!

Carriem - Green & purple is one of my favorite color combinations so of course I love Roxanne's Log Cabin! Great job.

I hope I didn't miss anyone since since my last post!

Asimplelife: Welcome back, you've been missed. Saw your lovely sewing room. Must feel good to accomplish so much. Lovely and serene. It is however, missing all kinds of little material scraps and loose threads.

Blog Entries
    You got that right Emma.
    So sweet of you asimplelife to be sure to chit chat and recognize us all. we missed seeing you on your quest. Now we will get to see that production come flying again?
    I counted the stack of binding to be done, ummmmm, I have five projects that need binding. I do have one of them on the longarm working it up so hopefully get to show something there soon, then working on that 30s bom this week. Just made 31 pinwheels and half my snowball blocks for the border this am. Did get the applique part done. Hopefully get it done this week.
    Off to get my work done for today so then can work on the applique for the vest that needs done before it turns older than me.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Thanks ladies! My room will rarely be that clean... but I AM trying to keep it manageable. Having more space helps and there is no bed to "accidentally" pile things up on!

I did finish 2 UFOs since I last posted. This is Watercolor Spring made from "More Fat Quarter Quilts" by M'Liss Rae Hawley. I had sent this along with Shabby Strings to my LAQ back in February and sadly found that they came back just before Easter that she had switched the backings between the two. And she hadn't used the thin batting I'd requested for Shabby Strings either.

It was really disappointing and I ended up putting them back in the box for weeks before I pulled them out and decided to finish them late in May as is. I was able to negotiate a refund from my LAQ for the quilting (I paid her for batting, thread and postage) but she didn't handle it very well and I'm going to be trying out other long arm quilters going forward.

But, it's a finish at any rate and I'll probably hang it on the wall next spring. And I'm using Shabby Strings on my guestroom trundle bed as a comforter instead of the cuddle quilt I'd planned. It does look nice there so I guess I'm getting over it!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This is a set of blocks for Heartstrings Quilt Project that I had started back in 2009 for a special challenge project. Of course I never sent them in (typical me!) and so they turned into a UFO. I was able to find enough of the green middle fabric in my stash to make another 28 blocks earlier this month for a complete set of 48 to send in.

I just LOVE making string blocks and these were "comfort sewing" while I was battling wallpaper in my new quilting room. Heartstrings is a great organization and so flexible to work with - you can finish the quilts yourself and donate locally or send the blocks to a coordinator who arranges for assembly, quilting and binding. Until I get on top of my UFOs I enjoy making them and mailing them!

This color combination turned out to be so pretty... I love the teal centers against the fall colors. This was UFO Finish #45 since 10/1/2012. I'm edging towards the halfway mark with 56 to go!

Quote Originally Posted by asimplelife View Post
    SheriR - I'm blown away by the project you are undertaking... what a treasure those quilts will be!
    I was able to finish FIVE tops last week. Saturday I started cutting Grandma fabric again. I'm put together "kits" for the next 13 quilts. As soon as I finish cutting I'll sew those and then start sandwiching and quilting. I promise to keep you posted!
    SheriR~
    2.5" stamp swap! Come join the fun.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t250047.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html
    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Blog Entries
    All different and yet have the same "thread" through out, SheriR.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

SheriR those are just so pretty! I love 9 patches and those stars in the sashing add so much. Really, really nice work!

Sheri - do you sleep at all?!?!? Your quilts are beautiful!
    asimplelife: Welcome back! Your quilts are just beautiful as well. I was looking at the first one, thinking that it looked so cuddly. Then I saw the second one, and it made me wish for fall. We haven't even hit the hot of summer and I want it to be fall (I don't do heat, it makes me whiny). I'm going now to check out all the work you've done on your room.

We're getting toward the end of the month and I'm taking my main sewing machine in for the second time to be fixed. The needle down button doesn't work and I've realized it's a real pain when you're trying to FMQ and the needle doesn't stop in the down position! I have five quilts that are waiting for FMQing. I may end up taking a loss for June and making up for it in July!

Page 93 of 141 FirstFirst ... 43 83 92 93 94 103 ... LastLast