2014 Fabric Moratorium

Old 01-07-2014, 10:51 AM

I am in again. I didn't do so good last year. This year I want to watch what I spend ever closer. Will use from my stash and only buy what is need to complete a project, not to start a project.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Power Poster

I did OK last year, not terrific, but not horrible either. I thought about each purchase rather than Oh! Look! Pretty! Buy! Now if folks would stop leaving grocery bags of fabric at my door (anonymously of course) I'd be doing well. I've made 2 tops so far this year, both from stash. I'll post pics when quilted. For January, I want to go thru all my quilting books & magazines. I'd like to get rid of some, but if I just get them organized I'll be happy! maybe I'll take the tree down first...
Old 01-07-2014, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
but, but,but!!!!!
Maybe we Washingtonians think alike!

Personally, I have not even opened emails from Fabric companies and don't go to JoAnn's when coupons arrive in my mail unless I realllllly need something. I recently sorted all of my fabric by color in large see through bins and was amazed at what I owned! I have plenty to make quilts for a small Army. Time to get sewing.

My commitment will fall short if I need a certain something to complete a look I want to create.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:49 PM
PEM

I'd love to do this but my mind has already failed me. I've just received a catalogue with new fabrics and thinking about what pattern would best used for these fabrics. sorry!! I do have fabric which needs using up and UFO's that needs finishing. So will try to get at least 1 project finished before I think about buying fabric, maybe this will stop my temptation to buy.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:18 PM

I've done so well - a whole week without buying fabric. That's probably because we've been snowed in here in Indy. Oh well, still a success, right?
Old 01-07-2014, 04:33 PM

Wink

I will try to be good again this year. I did use up a lot of my stash last year but seemed to replenish it just about as fast as I used it up. The one good thing about the fabric I replenished it with was always on sale. To be truthful, I already fell off the wagaon last Saturday. Fabric was 50% off at the local store. Hopefully that will be all my spending for some time. I went to two fabric stores today and was strong. All I can do is try!
Old 01-07-2014, 07:18 PM

I'm in again. I wish connecting Threads hadn't brought back Rhapsody in Reds. I will resist as I just don't need any ..... but it's red and that makes it harder. Throw away the catalog and stay off the website.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:27 PM
Power Poster

I am in again. I bought a FQ with a cool house print for a project I have planned for my sister. Then I found myself wasting time this morning trawling EBAY and drooling over vintage fabric....I resisted and headed over here to sign on for 2014. I know this will keep me on the straight and narrow....well a bit anyway.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by kyquiltlover1942 View Post
This was to be my 3rd year of not buying on impulse. So the first thing my neice is doing the baby rom in hot pink and lime green. As of this moment, this is the only fabric I intend to buy this year, except for maybe backings.
Your niece would loved the third bedroom in my home when I bought it! That bedroom had two opposite walls painted hot pink, and the other two were lime green! I did get the bank to know $5,000 off the price because of the paint job in the entire house! Lol!
Old 01-08-2014, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Julie R View Post
I've done so well - a whole week without buying fabric. That's probably because we've been snowed in here in Indy. Oh well, still a success, right?
Yes, that would be success...I would just have gone online. Which I did. :-( But it was BEFORE I joined this group!! :-)
Irishrose, those reds were what I succumbed to...but needed them for a project that was already planned. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Last edited by coopah; 01-08-2014 at 06:16 AM. Reason: added comment to Irishrose