2014 Fabric Moratorium

Old 06-21-2014, 01:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cdevine View Post
And will promise to finish ones I have started and only use what I have.
Brave words spoken like a true fabricoholic. lol I wish you well with your good intention and should you fall off the wagon, just come here and we will help.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:13 PM

What a great idea!! My DH will be in heaven.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:26 AM
Power Poster

I thought I was doing really well about not buying sewing related things - - -

and then I went through some of my receipts -

I joined a group that makes totes/bags and backpacks for kids - and then I just HAD to get thread and interfacing and velcro and cord locks and . . . .
Old 06-24-2014, 03:20 PM

Default She's still alive!

For those who have wondered, I didn't fall off the face of the earth. The last few months have been pretty rough physically though. The only 2 things I've sewn since I was here last are 2 sets of flannel pillowcases and a matching travel mousepad for a friend. I still have projects everywhere in my sewing room, including a swap I must finish for Mom-6, who probably thinks I've completely abandoned her by now.

After 6 months of Humira, they've changed me to Enbrel. I won't bore you with the details. It's helping the arthritis, but I am having injection site reactions they say aren't "normal" and I'm hoping we can work it out so I can stay on it. I have an Enbrel partners nurse contacting me regularly and reporting the reactions to the manufacturer.

Now I just have to get motivated again! I won't be joining any swaps until I can see daylight and am confident I can complete them without leaving anyone hanging. I went on my first real outing on Father's day, and it went well, though I did pay for it for a few days after. I'm getting there, I promise!
Old 06-24-2014, 07:06 PM
Power Poster

Just get yourself back to a good space, Dustysmomma. It's not fun to deal with a debilitating chronic issue. Wishing you well. The good news is that your stash will patiently wait for you....and so will we.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:12 PM

I second what Martina said!
Old 06-25-2014, 03:55 AM

Oh I'm not sure about that! I was in the closet the other day and the Rubbermaid drawers I have my stash in are caving in from the weight. I've had them less than a year. I'm going to have to do something different. Oh, also, I found out that the panel where you change the battery in the alarm system is behind that stack of drawers. The man said I have too much fabric. Oops!

Thank you for the support ladies!
Old 06-25-2014, 06:50 AM

DustysMama, hang in and keep working at the injection difficulties. Sure hope you find a decent solution so you can get back to sewing and use up all that fabric!
So, I'm on vacation and purchases don't count, right? I've visited shops in the Spokane area and two in Idaho. I found Seahawk fleece (for a snuggly blanket) and fabric (for grocery bags) yesterday!! These will go to DS and DDIL for birthday/Christmas items. Then I did buy some other fabric to make into placemats. There was some tempting fabric to buy "just because," but I didn't. That is success to me. Good thing I don't live around here. I'd have to go back to work to afford fabric. Of course, having a man cave or a spouse lounge inside the shop is smart marketing, so I think I did well with only these purchases. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! Those of you staying completely out of the shops:keep up the good work.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:15 PM

Well, much as I hate to admit it...I fell off again. I really have more than enough fabric to make 10 quilts but one thing I did not have any of is flannel. I saw a flannel quit kit in one of the catalogs but it was out of stock. So...I got to thinking ..."Hmmm...I could make that without their kit" Then got an email from another company offering 20% off total order today only so I ordered flannel. And it must have been meant to be as the flannel was on sale for $2.99/yd. I ordered 5 yds of black and a yard each of bright colors like red, green,. blue, purple, orange, pink and white. This should allow me to make at least two flannel quilts that I plan to give to son and his wife...hopefully for Christmas 2015! Nothing like planning ahead. Oh well, I'm climbing back on again. Anyone want to help me up, please.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:46 AM

Dusty's mom: Have missed your posts, sorry to hear you've had medical problems. Sandy: Here take my hand. Welcome back. I sure do understand that kind of temptation. As a matter of fact if you substituted my details I could be the writer of your post. However I did use the escape clause, most of the fabric is from my stash, had to buy four yards of the background fabric.