2014 Fabric Moratorium

Old 06-27-2014, 06:21 AM

Oh, sure, Sandy, I'll help you get back on this wagon, too! Nothing like helping each other out with a habit. It doesn't hurt anyone, and i'm starting to think that with prices going up, stash building is better than putting money in the bank. Can't believe I said that! Now we both need time to get sewing and make the purchases into product!
Emma S...escape clauses are good!
Old 06-28-2014, 07:18 AM

I'm planning to finish the last set of pillowcases today and see how I feel. Hopefully I can work on my last swap I didn't finish yet after. My son's car was hit by a deer on this way home from work last night, so this morning has been spent at the body shop and getting a rental car reserved. I have Alfa insurance though, and the claim can't be initiated until Monday. This is a good time to work at a car dealership with a body shop.

I've managed not to add to my stash lately, but the man's best friend's wife and a girl at work both have decided they want to quilt, so maybe between all of this I can get the motivation to get back sewing and knock out some projects. I can think of a hundred pieces of fabric I want though! If I have to go to the fabric store with either of these ladies, I may be in trouble!

Last edited by DustysMomma; 06-28-2014 at 07:20 AM.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:04 PM
Power Poster

I HAD to jump off the wagon today. Found a bluebonnet FQ for the round robin and some Texas longhorn bovines (the theme is Texas). So I added a little bit to the order to make it worth the shipping charge. Then I stopped at the LQS to get a 30s backing for my MIL's old quilt. The bill wasn't extravagant, so I did good, all in all.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:30 PM
Power Poster

We've been away from home most of the month, so not much time to shop, even on line! So it looks like I will have no quilting fabric purchases for June. Last weekend we had to take a detour due to construction. Went past a yard sale with a big sign "FABRIC". I made my husband stop. Cute older lady in a wheelchair was running the sale. I didn't get any of her quilting fabric, but I did get a yard (for a buck) of home dec to make a bag. I just had to buy something from her!
Old 06-30-2014, 05:12 AM

I did good in June until we went on a fishing trip to Alaska. After fishing my DH took me to two shops in Juneau! I got 20 fat quarters and border fabric to make a Turning Twenty quilt. Once the quilt is done it will remind me of the wonderful time we had in Alaska. The two shops in Juneau are great!
Old 06-30-2014, 11:09 AM

I did not buy in June (or May). I did not shop at Connecting Threads, or Keepsake Quilting, nor did I enter my LQS. Am I sick or tired or what? Is there a cure for this? I feel very faint, I know something is not quite right. My, oh my, I hope it's not terminal. I think I'll go pet some fabric in my stash. What a good idea!
Old 06-30-2014, 11:14 AM

None in June for me. I am in a wheelchair post surgery and both LQSs have stairs. I have started a batik Drunkard's path quilt, but it's not making a dent in my batik stash.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:51 PM

i am proud of myself I have gone nearly 2 months without buying fabric and for me that is near a miracle, and that was even with as much stress as we have had in the last month. DH mother had cancer surgery on the 3rd of June and was getting ready to go to rehab for a few weeks on Friday the 13th she took a turn for the worse and passed on sat the 14th of June she had lived with us for more than 17 years so we had to deal with all of that. We have everything finished now so I can get back to my sewing
Old 07-01-2014, 05:04 AM

Bezzie2013: So sorry for your loss!

Connie
Old 07-01-2014, 07:23 AM

bezzie2013: Condolences on your mother-in-law. 17 years is a long time to have had her with you, I'm sure you will miss her terribly. My mother-in-law lived with us for only 2 years and was a 24/7 care. I thought I would be somewhat relieved on her passing but found that not to be the case. I missed her very much. The care givers job is a sacred one and I learned much about unconditional love. Bless you and your household in this time of need.