Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asimplelife View Post
    Fraew - I love the rainbow you have created! How big are those blocks? I can't wait to see this one come together.
    Thank you. We did a board swap in 2012 but it took forever for me to find the right setting. Thank goodness for Google! 4" finished blocks.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

I finished 19 projects last year, according to my latest count (but I think some are missing). Only 3 of those were previous UFOs and the rest were new starts last year. In addition, I added 9 quilt tops to my pile of UFOs. I have no idea how many are still hiding in the closet from earlier years - at least 4 off the top of my head. And in the past 2 days, I've added 3 more tops to the list. So, lots of finishing to get done this year.

I think what I need is a moratium on new projects, so I can get some done. When I bought my longarm 1.5 years ago, I had a stack of 7 quilts by the time it arrived (prior to that, I didn't do UFOs - eveything was done before I started another). I told myself I'd get one off the list, for every one on. Apparently that didn't work too well, since I added 9 this year and only pulled 3 off the old pile.

I need a board to motivate me to start a project!! I go out and shop and a project starts to form in my mind. I buy fabric and that's it!! I really must start some projects this year

Yes, Elsa is beautiful and so is her quilt!

Quote Originally Posted by asimplelife View Post
    And I have to share our Christmas kitten Elsa too! She was rescued from -25 degree weather by my husband after a friend said she had been hanging around his home trying to get in December 6th. After our vet pronounced her healthy and no one was missing her she made herself right at home and won our hearts.

She LOVES quilts and is a total lap kitty. Here she is on my last UFO Finish of 2013... she seems to think it is hers since I was sewing down the binding the weekend she found us!
    She is gorgeous!

Count me in! Currently I have three UFO's . One baby play mat quilt, one sampler lap quilt, and a wall hanging. My goal is to finish them in that order. This thread is great motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by amelia0607 View Post
    I need a board to motivate me to start a project!! I go out and shop and a project starts to form in my mind. I buy fabric and that's it!! I really must start some projects this year
    That's perfect - just keep telling yourself that once you start the project you can share it here to keep you motivated to finish it. Start creating those UFOs!!

Is it ok to hang out and quietly take everyone's work in? I can't promise that I can finish one UFO a month, but I think I can get encouragement if y'all will let me just watch from the bleachers!

By the way, what a beautiful kitty! I'm not normally a cat person, but wow, what a beauty!!

Hope you all have a great week!

Ok, so I've reread both threads, and I get it now, I think. After taking a quick look in my sewing room, I have ten UFOs to start with. I've decided to start with an embroidered Flower of the month BOM that I just loved doing. I have 6 small bees to do before i can finish it off with machine quilting. I wish I could post pictures, but that will come. A Simple Life, I just love your quilt and your kitty. And Fraew, what a neat signature quilt! Happy quilting to all, on this snowy New England day!

Blog Entries
    I'm in. Tons of UFOs, WIPs and PIGs. Right now I have a WIP - a scrappy for my sofa. Pix when my husband comes home with my camera.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast