Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Blog Entries
    Well, UFO's WIP's and PIG's are plentiful in my sewing studio, so count me in!

Here's my first finish for 2014. And it was only a UFO for 6 months or so; sandwiched, quilted and bound on January 1st : http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...d-t237972.html
    Wendy

Orangeroom my last 2013 UFO finish was a 2 for 1 and I plan to do it again. Mine is a Christmas quilt with one side an elegant mix of florals and the backing is fun scrappy rail fence blocks from a swap. I love being able to flip it over and change things up.

In fact that is the quilt that our kitten Elsa is on - you can see a bit of both sides and there are full quilt pictures in the 2013 UFO thread near the end. Thanks for all the kind words and compliments. We feel lucky to have her and as our temps are back in the -30's overnight I shudder to think of her shivering in the cold. The only thing she is afraid of is the front door - when someone comes to the door she hides. No chance of her dashing outside!

azwendyg your quilt is lovely. HST quilts are a favorite and I like that asymmetrical setting a lot!

Blog Entries
    Can someone still participate if projects take longer than one month to complete?

Nan
    https://napquilting.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/NAPQuilting/

My GOAL is to ALWAYS ENJOY EVERY STEP of the quilting process....

Quote Originally Posted by quiltinghere View Post
    Can someone still participate if projects take longer than one month to complete?

Nan
    Oh yes! Post about your progress here and then post your finish in the other thread when you have one.

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    I am so in I think I have at least 20 on UFO list then I started 2 Celtic Solstice (both are the smaller size) and a New Years mystery ugh . I need UFO anonymous I can't help myself then I see other new ones starting and I love almost all of them. Help me please. I will try to finish at least 1 UFO per month if it kills me!!
    ​Christine

UFO Anonymous-LOLOLOL! Hear ya loud and clear! I resisted the urge to do Bonnie's mystery and just enjoyed following along and NOT make another UFO! Sorta vicarious quilting. Gotta stay focused on my list.

So happy to have all of you with us..... if no one wants to trade with me on my offers, I think my next step will be to put them up on the sale and trade page... what do you all think?
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Blog Entries
    I also have a pile of tops that need finishing, so UFOA would be a good club. lol My goal is to F the UO and take down that pile.
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Count me in the UFO Therapy group. I need help as well as my tops ! There are 3 Christmas single tops in various stages, 3 crib quilts that need binding, 4 lap quilt tops, and I have not been into the closet yet. I do think misery loves company. Have 2 single tops complete but need backing, etc. Hugs to all

Thank-you for starting this post this year. I love reading and seeing other's Work in progress.
    My goal this year is to completed 1 WIP, Quilt 1 quilt top, plus complete 1 charity quilt per month.
    This month I plan to start out working on a throw for my brother, (my work in progress). It's a motorcycle quilt. I have picked the fabric and 3 blocks. I have, 1 block completed out of 16 blocks needed. Hopefully it will be put together this next week and it can be completed the following week. I will quilt a charity quilt and quilt a quilt of valor top (that is finished). I will also finish sewing binging on a small wall hanging. I will post pic as I finish the projects.

I'm in again. I was terrible last year but I did get a few things finished -only they weren't UFOs. I am going to work harder at finishing these things I have started & I'm not even counting.
    Asimplelife, lovely Christmas quilt & Elsa is beautiful. If my 20 yr. old cat ever goes to her reward I think I'd like to rescue another one. She's having some health issues so may not make it through the year.
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
    I also have a pile of tops that need finishing, so UFOA would be a good club. lol My goal is to F the UO and take down that pile.
    ROFLOL!!! Love your sense of humor! Makes doing our "musts" so much more fun!

Name:  DSC_0387.JPG
Views: 425
Size:  786.0 KBI've never posted a picture before. The photo at left is my first UFO of 2013. Being a newbie, my experience is very limited. I need advise on how to quilt this I Spy baby playmat. As you can see, every color of the rainbow is in it. The reverse is a medium size pink and white plaid with green and white daisies. I think (hope) this quilt will get a lot of hard use.

2 main questions for you:

1. What color thread should I use?
    2 How should I quilt it?

If all goes well, I will have it quilted today and will start hand binding tonight, and deliver it in the next 72 hours to my baby niece.

Oops, "photo ABOVE" and first UFO of 2014 !

Personally I would stitch in the ditch and probably use a neutral thread like light silver, or maybe a white. Very pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by zozee View Post
    Name:  DSC_0387.JPG
Views: 425
Size:  786.0 KBI've never posted a picture before. The photo at left is my first UFO of 2013. Being a newbie, my experience is very limited. I need advise on how to quilt this I Spy baby playmat. As you can see, every color of the rainbow is in it. The reverse is a medium size pink and white plaid with green and white daisies. I think (hope) this quilt will get a lot of hard use.

2 main questions for you:

1. What color thread should I use?
    2 How should I quilt it?

If all goes well, I will have it quilted today and will start hand binding tonight, and deliver it in the next 72 hours to my baby niece.
    Heather

Oh, and the blocks are 6.5 inches wide .

One UFO completed- YEAH

This week , I Finished the backing, simple quilting mixed with decorative stitches, and bound this quilt I made last year. My 18 year old quilt inspector seems to think its ok.
    Today, DH asked that I make Carlos ( our 8 month old cheweenie) a quilt for his crate when he goes to bed at night. So made a small crazy quilt out of fleece. Poor Carlos dosen't know if he should drag it around or chew it. Lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I'm definitely in! The only time i finish a quilt is when it's needed right away. Otherwise, it just sits! Thank goodness labor is inevitable or i would still be pregnant! Need to get moving on these!!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

DJ
    Quote Originally Posted by asimplelife View Post
    Oh yes! Post about your progress here and then post your finish in the other thread when you have one.
    This helps. I was getting a little confused but want to participate!

Blog Entries
    I think it's fun to see pictures of fur kids! Beautiful pup, and sweet kitty! Love the black " hive"! At first i thought it might be a hat, lol. I have an ancient black cat, too. He splits his time between dh and me, and the warm office, hottest room in the house. There will definitely be another. All my furs are rescues. And dh keeps me at four, so when simon passes i know there will be another cat that needs the home and love we've got to give.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Zozee: What a great I Spy quilt for a little one. Since there is white on the reverse of your quilt, I think I would use that. My early efforts at quilting I used a stipple or a cross hatch. Good finish!
    Nanny: Love your pattern! Such bright, lovely geometric lines.
    All I seem to have done so far this year is start new projects. Not exactly my objective.

I think I'd like join, however in addition to the ...WIP, PIB, & uFOs I'd like you all to know that I have SEVERAL. Phds! Yes aren't you impressed? You should be after all it has taken me many many years to get these PhDs. I am very proud of them too! In fact I think I have close to 8-10 PhDs! Impressed I know right?

Oh BTW: for three of you that don't know....a. PhD is...Project Half Done! Lol. Had ya going there didn't I????

I'm in. I'm on a fabric diet in fact today I was so proud of myself I was at my LQS & actually had 2 fat 1/4s in my hand (just because I liked them) & put them back. I am determined to only buy if I need it to finish a current project.
    Day 3 and doing good!!
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

I'm in. I have 10 UFO's that come to mind, maybe even more. Think I will have a better chance sticking to this than any fabric moratorium. All I ever do there is crash and burn. Let's all meet in the Dining Car for a glass of wine and dessert!

Blog Entries
    Oh I fell off the wagon already--instead of working on WIP or UFO I started on a new project. Hey the good news is it's finished!!! Yeah.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

OK--LOL, guess at least it didn't become a new UFO!! So what did you make??

Tomorrow I am going to get a "PIG" out and cut the fabrics. This is a quilt I need finished by the 1st week in March. It is for someone else and they chose the fabrics...not ones I really like so I keep putting it off. I hope once it's cut I will just do it!!

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast