Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2015 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 05-31-2015, 07:56 AM
Power Poster

Another one who likes the dark solid quilt, kaelynangelfoot. Great finish.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by carriem View Post
Sounds like some great progress Judy!

I too have made some good progress on UFOs for the month...last night and today I got backings and bindings cut, pieced and ironed for four quilt tops and one table topper (42" square). One of these tops needed a border so that is on now too. Tomorrow I will get backing and batting cut for a QAYG project. I hope to get at least 2 tops all quilted and bound during June...we'll see how that goes.
Carrie, sure sounds like you have a plan and a head start...have fun

Judy in Phx AZ
Old 05-31-2015, 02:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by carriem View Post
Sounds like some great progress Judy!

I too have made some good progress on UFOs for the month...last night and today I got backings and bindings cut, pieced and ironed for four quilt tops and one table topper (42" square). One of these tops needed a border so that is on now too. Tomorrow I will get backing and batting cut for a QAYG project. I hope to get at least 2 tops all quilted and bound during June...we'll see how that goes.
No school = more time
Old 05-31-2015, 05:50 PM

Catch is OK that we are still having school. Just less archery now! We do a little less school, but DD has decided she wants to school through the summer so she will be ahead in the fall.

Backings are done and started piecing the piano key border for the QAYG project....this is my 2nd Farmers Wife Pony Club quilt so will be very happy to have this finished before starting the new FW quilt in August.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:00 PM

Like the free motion variation for your quilting. It looks to be relatively easy and the overall effect is terrific. Three cheers for a UFO flying away from your pile to your sister in law.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:21 PM

Kaelyn, nice finish on your UFO, great quilting lines.. I have decided to attempt to quilt a Craftys BOM from 2013, of course I need 4 yards for backing and I have 3-1/2... No worries I had two extra 20 inch (I used for practice) and worked on blocks to make a 20" 9 patch so I can piece the backing..I am certain it will be just fine and I will have used those two large blocks. Funny how these things work them self out. Lol.

Judy in Phx, AZ
Old 06-02-2015, 06:31 AM

I love everyone's progress. I admire your hand quilting the blue. It looks terrific. Judy I think your plan is great. I wish I could do so much in a month. Maybe someday.

I finished the community quilt and then put it away so fast that I forgot to get a picture. I'll get one friday at the quilt club.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:18 AM

Yes, I am still here and my pile of UFO's is still looking at me. I have not had much quilting time because of other responsibilities that keep cutting in on my time. That is the sad story. The happy story is because I have not had any time to work on quilts ..... I have not created any more UFO's! Silver lining, cup half full and so on from me! Tee-Hee-Hee!
Old 06-03-2015, 07:33 AM
Power Poster

I'm creating another UFO...well actually I'm working on one...A year ago in the winter I started cutting out blocks for Tula Pink's Cityscape sampler. I had 30+ blocks cut out then put it away...took it out again when my Quilt Buddy and I had a sew together..wow I got all those blocks sewn and now need to cut some more. I'm using batik scraps from others so cutting is a messy process. Trying to use the scraps as efficiently as I can while putting together coordinated blocks is a challenge. I did buy 3 or 4 FQ s to liven up the blocks as a lot of the scraps are getting rather drab looking. At least I'm making progress, but will have to clean off my dining room table so DGD can get back to sewing...she hasn't been able to for couple of days.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:29 AM

Finally finished! This is Judy's mystery ride #8. It's a newer UFO since we just started it in January but I set it aside for several months because the backing didn't fit right. I finally decided I better get it finished because I wanted to give it to a former co-worker and her husband before school was out for the school year. ( The last day is Friday so I took it with me when I subbed this morning.) They are going through a rough spot with one of her adult children. I finally took off the outside strips and added a plain color all around on the backing. Then I tied it.

I gave it this morning to her. She said she never had a quilt like this one before because they were too expensive for their income. She was thrilled with the colors and the added touches of horses on the back and cats on the front since she has both of those animals.

I'm on the left and she is on the right.

Connie
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Last edited by retiredteacher09; 06-03-2015 at 11:33 AM.