Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt >

Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Old 08-03-2016, 05:29 AM

Thank you SheriR, I try.
I've made her mysteries every year since Roll Roll Cotton Boll.
Old 08-13-2016, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
CindyA, be sure to show us a picture when you get it finished.
Mine is on hold while my kids are home for the summer. I have figured out how to make it larger to fit my daughter's bed. I have 1 side done - 3 to go. A friend offered that I can quilt it on her long arm so I am pretty excited about that.
My daughter is getting married in Vegas and then we will have a reception here. Everyone will be gone mid August - my son and DIL back to China and my daughter and SIL back to France.
Pam H - due to technical difficulties I don't have a picture to show yet. (A bit of a long story, almost forgot to take a picture and didn't take a picture of the entire quilt, new laptop, can't move pictures over etc.). I've sent it off to be quilted and will try my best to remember to come back here and post a picture. I think this may be my all time favorite quilt EVER!! My colors look a lot like most of the quilts (I followed her color scheme). It took me longer to finish it up than I thought it would but I buckled down for a couple of days to get the blocks together and the borders on. I'm going to scallop the edges, I have never done that before and I love the look.
Old 08-13-2016, 05:35 PM

I just finished attaching my inner border (I don't have time to quilt in the summer months) but not sure I have enough black to start my outer border. I don't think I'm going to do the scalloped border.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:11 AM

Update... I FINALLY finished the quilting on my Allietare, quite a learning process as I was learning to use rulers and my new Sweet 16 sitdown machine. I am really pleased with the results and will attach pictures soon. So this afternoon I will mark the scallops and cut the bias binding. With any luck at all I should have it all done before the next mystery starts!
Old 10-22-2016, 12:27 AM

Congrats on your finish. My Allietare is still in pieces ..... lol Can't wait to see your pictures.
Old 10-22-2016, 02:19 PM

Will there be a new thread for this year's mystery? I'm so looking forward to it!
Old 10-22-2016, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by AngeliaNR View Post
Will there be a new thread for this year's mystery? I'm so looking forward to it!
I am wondering the same thing...I'm not sure I can commit to another challenge such as Allietare this winter as we are getting ready to lift the roof over our two car garage and (finally) start on the addition of my sewing room with dormers and windows. I want to put a lot of thought and planning into my new sewing room so may have to pass on this year's mystery.
Old 10-22-2016, 05:35 PM

That addition sounds like a big undertaking jmoore! Hope it goes smoothly and you are enjoying a beautiful new sewing space soon.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:42 PM

Me, too! In just about a week we should know the new theme and colors.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:21 PM

I'm planning to start the new thread as soon as Bonnie posts the introduction and colors on her blog, unless someone else decides to take the lead this year. Really looking forward to this year's mystery quilt.