Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 105 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: ART Quilt Challenges Monthly

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Glad you got things worked out Suzie.

Like you Dotty, I am beginning to steer away from a lot of swaps. I began to realize that I would like to decorate my home with my own art, donate to AAIQ or give my work to others. Though I haven't delved much, I am really heading into artistic, creative designing. All of you artists really inspire me to push outside and explore. Sew, I am really glad to be a part of this group. Suzie, I think you are great to have started this and I hope you are encouraged to keep up with your encouragement to us all. Thanks!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Blog Entries
    hi, suzie, glad you're here. i think this group is more comfortable with one leader, so i'll leave that position to you. i am always happy to give an opinion , or share an idea. i'm also glad this isn't a swap. i enjoy giving to aaqi and the breast cancer resource center in austin, tx. i still love swaps, but just not all the time. as with the other threads, this is another way for us to meet other quilters working and growing in similar directions. it's great to have the support of others!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    sewextreme-- that's a first symptom! before you know it, you will be a full fledged member of the art obsessed! don't be afraid to let go of all the rules and let your heart speak. there is an artist in all of us. i was kicked out of pre-school because i wouldn't color with the colors the teacher wanted me to. i still don't, and i'm very happy that way. years ago a friend wanted to take a college pottery class at night and didn't want to go alone, so she invited me to join her. i thought we'd learn to throw pots, but no, it turned out to be a sculpture class and i found the third great love of my life (after dh and the children in ranking)! it was serendipity!! i've been grateful ever since!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    sewextreme-- that's a first symptom! before you know it, you will be a full fledged member of the art obsessed! don't be afraid to let go of all the rules and let your heart speak. there is an artist in all of us. i was kicked out of pre-school because i wouldn't color with the colors the teacher wanted me to. i still don't, and i'm very happy that way. years ago a friend wanted to take a college pottery class at night and didn't want to go alone, so she invited me to join her. i thought we'd learn to throw pots, but no, it turned out to be a sculpture class and i found the third great love of my life (after dh and the children in ranking)! it was serendipity!! i've been grateful ever since!

I LOVE your story nancia!

And from my perspective I hope everyone stumbling across this thread has had, or will get to have, a great new love open up with something they feel is art.
    Suzie
    Author; I Don't Know Where I Want to Be -But it Isn't Here!

Serenity at Sunset

Here's my latest....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Interesting work!
    I think I'd like a 3 month list of topics, maybe choice of 2 a month.
    Dotty in NYC

I have a MacBook and it is pretty much impossible for me to post pics......my son arrived and was able to complete the task. Anyway, the whole background was done with the alcohol spray on permanent markers. The same process on the boat except it was cut separately and appliqued. It's small enough for aaqi.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    Here's my latest....
    Linny, I love the colors. I have never tried the alcohol spray but it is wonderful looking in your little quilt. You sure captured the sunset. I have tons of gorgeous sunsets photos taken at our place. Gotta get off the computer and jump into this stuff.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Blog Entries
    What a wonderful sunset, Linny! I'm so hesitant to try new techniques; great job.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Page 10 of 105 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 60 ... LastLast