Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 33 of 105 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 83 ... LastLast

Thread: ART Quilt Challenges Monthly

Blog Entries
    suzie-- i only have 1 dgk so far, with the dream of a 2nd one in the next couple of years. my daughter is seriously dating a young man who has an almost 6 yr old daughter, also named olivia. this daughter has said in the past that she will have no children, but we will see! if it were up to me i would have 20 grandkids, of course, left to my way i would have had 20 kids! each is a gift! olivia has a couple of internet grand-moms, so if you want one to ooo and ahhhh over, she is available.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

I really want to get to my project-playing with all my sewing machine stitches to make a picture. I'm taking classes through craftsy, this one is called Stupendous Stitching. Great classes, but i'm stuck in my chair with a blood clot in my leg! I keep hoping for my play time!

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog55 View Post
    I really want to get to my project-playing with all my sewing machine stitches to make a picture. I'm taking classes through craftsy, this one is called Stupendous Stitching. Great classes, but i'm stuck in my chair with a blood clot in my leg! I keep hoping for my play time!
    Oh, I hope you are better soon. Take care.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Blog Entries
    om goodness! my sister had that, too! she took up needlepoint, i guess thet means you will be doing handquilting, feel better soon! i believe they are not fun,
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    Hi guys, am thinking of joining this group so i would like to show you some of my work. All this work is done on painted wax paper which then becomes fabric paper....with collage, stamps, stencils, tissue paper and more.
    Thanks for looking
    Name:  wax paper 10 (468x640).jpg
Views: 174
Size:  174.8 KBName:  mix media 4 (548x640).jpg
Views: 153
Size:  122.6 KBName:  wax paper 2 (634x640).jpg
Views: 176
Size:  236.0 KBName:  wax paper 6 (519x640).jpg
Views: 169
Size:  167.1 KBName:  wax paper 9 (471x640).jpg
Views: 178
Size:  162.4 KBName:  wax paper 11 (491x640).jpg
Views: 167
Size:  142.7 KBName:  wax paper 4 (640x591).jpg
Views: 166
Size:  213.4 KB

I was going to join in this challenge, but I think I missed something, are we suppose to play with some sort of painting on fabric?

I was trying to make my own batik, but I don't think that is going to fit in, if everyone is doing painting. Have enjoyed looking at the samples though. Can't wait to peek in at your finished items.

Quote Originally Posted by chickadeee55 View Post
    I was going to join in this challenge, but I think I missed something, are we suppose to play with some sort of painting on fabric?

I was trying to make my own batik, but I don't think that is going to fit in, if everyone is doing painting. Have enjoyed looking at the samples though. Can't wait to peek in at your finished items.
    I think what you're doing would fit in very nicely.....and when you do something we all like to hear how it was done and anything you might do differently the next time. It's a lot of experimentation and all of the creations are fun to look at and learn from. I've learned a lot....just need to pick one new thing and DO it.....please share anything you're working on.

have to report I painted hollyhocks on cotton with acrylic paints, then ironed both sides. I washed in water after I crinkled it up and paint did not wash off. I did not use soap, but don't usually wash my framed artwork.

Blog Entries
    Acrillic paints NEVER comes out of my cloths
    No matter whaat i use.

Blog Entries
    Also, watered down as a wash, that too never washes out

Page 33 of 105 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 83 ... LastLast