Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
International Patriotic Challenge >

International Patriotic Challenge

International Patriotic Challenge

Old 07-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Power Poster

W4Me ... I remember someone else having a 3 project rule ... that might help the accounting control freak in you manage the multiple projects. Especially with you planning the personal BOM project! And let you feel that you haven't broken your own rules!!!!!!

I'm already thinking of other patriotic projects .... even a multi-national one!
Old 07-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Muv

QuiltE - FMQ - the cotton gloves are to get a grip on the work. Mine even have the little rubbery grips. They were on sale as gardening gloves, but would have been completely useless for gardening.

Jenniky - the answer answer to the riddle is on the thread. You might enjoy the video - link is in post 16.

Works4me - quilt looks perfect in the mini!

Have had a fab birthday thanks. Took a trip to see friends in Wales during the day, then came home and had supper in the pub. What more can an old gal ask for?
Old 07-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like a perfect Birthday, Muv!!

Gloves ... I have a couple pair of gardening gloves that I tried for that ... felt too bulky. I hate something on my hands ... though I can see the value of them, to get a grip on it! Maybe I need a more form fitting pair of gloves?
Old 07-06-2012, 04:43 AM

There are gloves made specifically for quilting. They are very light with something rubbery on the tips. Machingers is the brand I have and they really do help. Here's a link...http://www.quilterstouch.com/gloves/
Old 07-06-2012, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
There are gloves made specifically for quilting. They are very light with something rubbery on the tips. Machingers is the brand I have and they really do help. Here's a link...http://www.quilterstouch.com/gloves/
I use Machingers too! Love them and wouldn't FMQ without them!!
Old 07-06-2012, 07:59 AM

Good afternoon ladies. I have been super busy finishing up PP's for the various swaps I've signed up for.

Works4Me - If you put a flag in Frankie's hand I will match you and put a flag in My Monster Mikeys' Hand. LOL

SewExtremeSeams - I hope you feel better real soon.

Muv - When I saw the quill that was the first thing I thought was the Declaration of Independence but all the rest left me in the dark. How wonderfully interesting. Thank you for sharing your riddle.

Yayaquilts - share some pictures ..IN Fact everyone ShARE some pictures

QuiltE - A look a like Monty and his horse are already on my project board so Im on with your challenge also. We will have to come up with a name for him as he evolves.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:41 PM

Jenniky, I have another idea to make Franky patriotic but he may end up holding a flag next Canada Day, too.

Hmmm, patriotic monsters. I think I like it.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Power Poster

W4Me and JenniKy ... W4Me, I think you have just found your sistah!
And now, just for the two of you!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0R_oDEvYUY

GGal ... I'm going to check out machingers when I am going around the Shop Hop this month!

So who else is in for the Friends of Monty Challenge?
So far, W4Me, JenniKy and moi!!!
Old 07-06-2012, 05:13 PM

Works4me Im intrigued.. when do you think Frankie will start making his debut? OH Yes, Monsters are very patriotic. Peeps just never hang around long enough for them to share their patriotic enthusiasm.

QuiltE - Haha I love it. I had to share your youtube post on my Facebook. How fun

Last edited by Jenniky; 07-06-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:02 AM

QuiltE - I can't open the link. It keeps crashing my Explorer. I'll try from work on Monday.

Franky is on my design wall now. I am seriously thinking of issuing another challenge - design a character then design a quilt around that character. If that character happens to end up patriotic he can come play with Monty.

If I issue the challenge it will be early next week and you can all meet Franky and all his 1-1/2 inch cut squares and half-square triangles. 30 pieces for is head alone! What have I gotten myself into?