Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
International Patriotic Challenge >

International Patriotic Challenge

International Patriotic Challenge

Old 07-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Power Poster

Nursie ... I bet you are counting the days to the wedding ... or perhaps more so til DD is back in the USA. Then the good byes til she is fully back. And then I'm sure there's the "fears" that her Masters will lead her into non-USA employment. Glad that she is doing better, and hope that it continues in that way.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Nursie ... I bet you are counting the days to the wedding ... or perhaps more so til DD is back in the USA. Then the good byes til she is fully back. And then I'm sure there's the "fears" that her Masters will lead her into non-USA employment. Glad that she is doing better, and hope that it continues in that way.

Wow! You nailed it! All of that! And her significant other is from France! But, he is excited about the possibility of relocating to the U.S. lol She is planning on a PhD, and is hoping NYU or Uni of Chicago. I hope she does get in to a school in the U.S. I keep telling her she has to come back to the U.S. before I am to old and decrepit to travel overseas!
Old 07-30-2012, 04:26 PM

Nursie - Glad ta here the good news about your DD's! It sounds like things are lookin' up for both o' 'em. (I'm assumin' that, that Carpal Tunnel Surgery will be a breeze.) Sept will be a great month for ya!

Jenniky - I tried ta buy a new house last year. I thought it was my dream house. Things went from bad ta worse. Finally DH & I backed out. I don't think that it was meant ta be. I'm now happy about it, 'cause if I had bought it, I couldn't have bought my DGM's house in Brady. (We went a different direction for financin' for it. We got a home equity loan on my Midland house ta pay for the Brady house.) Anyway I know how it feels ta be sittin' waitin' for the Real Estate agent ta call! My prayers for ya are that your transaction goes very smoothly.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:31 AM

Good Morning everyone The new QAYG thread seems to have taken off well. Im glad many of you have joined the thread to follow. Even if you are not making a project I hope you will chime in with comments and questions.

Picked up the Patriotic Mystery Quilt from the LAQ yesterday and Im very pleased with it. Soon as I have the binding on I will share a picture.

More good news DH and I have been approved to move into our dreamhouse. To give us plenty of time to pack and hire movers we have our move date set for Sept 28. So lots of excitement.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:51 AM

Congratulations Jenniky Yippee. Smart to have a long finish date so you can pack, especially given your health.

I'm looking forward to seeing lots of photos from you, of the Patriotic Mystery quilt, the new house, the QAYG, the character, the new patriotic. Wow, you have a lot on your plate.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:18 AM
Power Poster

Yippppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Such great news ... I'm so happy for you
Jenniky and MrJenniky!!

ahem!!!!!! As for a long closing date .... it's less than two months!
YIIIIIIKES!!!
Lots to do,
MrJenniky!!! and MrsJ will keep the To Do lists updated for you!!

Busy busy busy!!!

And me too ... looking forward to seeing the Patriotic Mystery ... you really must find it a name!
And of course, all the others in W4Me's list!!
Old 08-01-2012, 08:59 AM

Hooray for Jenniky! Dream house just for you! I'm so glad that it is goin' so well!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:21 AM

Oh dear, No No we are not buying the house. We will be renting it from a real estate company. Its kinda of a unique situation. This is a community of brand new houses (not apartments) That are all for rent. All of the outside work (lawn care, snow removal, etc.) is taken care of by the real estate company. The houses are just being built and they are moving people in as they complete them. The particular house we were trying to get approved for is situated with a nice view of open fields behind it. Since the accident I can't really do much physical labor without causing myself more discomfort and pain. So the fact that we can be in an actual House, not apartment or condo and have the outside taken care of for us is a really big plus. It just cost too much extra to have people to come and do it for us all the time. But we didnt want to move into an apartment living or condo.

The reason this house has become our dream house is because. The layout of the floor plan is perfect for our needs. Its a brand new house with all new appliances and fixtures. No stairs going up or down. Washer and Dryer on the same level off the kitchen. No basement to deal with. I fell down those stairs once. I rarely go down them anymore, unless I absolutely have to. More goodness is that we will be the first ones to live in it. It is in a much better neighborhood and closer to shopping and dining out. And most importantly.. I won't have to go into Chicago anymore for my Veterans' Health Care. The VA Clinic with my primary doctor is like ten min. away. If I need hospital services, xrays, tests, etc. I will be going into Danville, IL. Much smaller hospital not a lot of traffic to deal with. My first impression when I went to check out the hospital on my own was really great. Just a more laid back situation then dealing with all the student doctors and such in Chicago. I could go on and on about all the great things we will be enjoying with this move. I have to say though I really felt like we had to jump through lots of paperwork to finally get approved. But we did it.

Last edited by Jenniky; 08-01-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
Oh dear, No No we are not buying the house. We will be renting it from a real estate company. Its kinda of a unique situation. This is a community of brand new houses (not apartments) That are all for rent. All of the outside work (lawn care, snow removal, etc.) is taken care of by the real estate company. The houses are just being built and they are moving people in as they complete them. The particular house we were trying to get approved for is situated with a nice view of open fields behind it. Since the accident I can't really do much physical labor without causing myself more discomfort and pain. So the fact that we can be in an actual House, not apartment or condo and have the outside taken care of for us is a really big plus. It just cost too much extra to have people to come and do it for us all the time. But we didnt want to move into an apartment living or condo.

The reason this house has become our dream house is because. The layout of the floor plan is perfect for our needs. Its a brand new house with all new appliances and fixtures. No stairs going up or down. Washer and Dryer on the same level off the kitchen. No basement to deal with. I fell down those stairs once. I rarely go down them anymore, unless I absolutely have to. More goodness is that we will be the first ones to live in it. It is in a much better neighborhood and closer to shopping and dining out. And most importantly.. I won't have to go into Chicago anymore for my Veterans' Health Care. The VA Clinic with my primary doctor is like ten min. away. If I need hospital services, xrays, tests, etc. I will be going into Danville, IL. Much smaller hospital not a lot of traffic to deal with. My first impression when I went to check out the hospital on my own was really great. Just a more laid back situation then dealing with all the student doctors and such in Chicago. I could go on and on about all the great things we will be enjoying with this move. I have to say though I really felt like we had to jump through lots of paperwork to finally get approved. But we did it.
Awesome for you! Win-Win in every direction!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:24 PM

Fabulous Jenniky. It sounds wonderful. Congratulations.