Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 Fabric Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-fabric-moratorium-t209802.html)

ladydeluxe 03-31-2013 06:54 AM

The only fabric I purchased this month was for backing.

irishrose 03-31-2013 07:53 PM

Another month behind us. My only purchase was the 2 yards that I found for a birthday present for myself.

auntpiggylpn 03-31-2013 08:22 PM

Well I did purchase fabric for my stash in March. I had been looking for an out of print fabric I found it and purchased 5 yards. However, I have been on a fabric moratorium since July 2012 with only adding 2 FQ bundles to my stash in the last 9 months. I'm not feeling any guilt at all!!!:p

PaperPrincess 04-01-2013 11:35 AM

I didn't buy any fabric at all in March.
OK, that's an April Fool joke (or a big fat lie, depending on your point of view...)

Personally, March was not good for the moritorium.

March excuse: March is my BIRTHDAY month.
March poem: When she was good, she was very, very good
but when she was bad she was a hoarder (I mean she was horrid)
March Resolution: I'll do better in April...

The up side is that the 'slipcover the pontoon boat' and the 'embroider 48 napkins for my Great Niece's bridal shower' (15,000 stitches, 7 color changes) projects are complete, so I was able to actually do some quilting this month.

pokeyscorner 04-01-2013 08:36 PM

I was doing really well w/ not buying & using only my stash until ------- We went on a road trip along the Mississippi River - Wis. side. Found a new quilt shop in Alma, Wisconsin in an old Hotel. Beautiful fabrics!! She's having a 1st anniversary sale on May 1st. I couldn't resist!! BUT -- I was selective, still walked out w/ 4 pcs that go with my stash at home. :thumbup:

DustysMomma 04-02-2013 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 5967342)
Dont feel bad about your coupon expiring. You wouldn't have been able to use it on the Go anyway. All coupons I get from Joann's have the disclaimer that they can't be used on AccuQuilt products or sewing machines.

Yep, I found that out. I got home & tried to see if I could use it on a mix & match set & not only would it not take that one, but it wouldn't even let me use the free shipping on it. My boyfriend ordered the collect em all vol I series for me on Amazon. It comes tomorrow. I'm so excited!

auntpiggylpn 04-02-2013 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by DustysMomma (Post 5971764)
Yep, I found that out. I got home & tried to see if I could use it on a mix & match set & not only would it not take that one, but it wouldn't even let me use the free shipping on it. My boyfriend ordered the collect em all vol I series for me on Amazon. It comes tomorrow. I'm so excited!

Yay for you! You better keep him!

Emma S 04-02-2013 05:04 AM

Paper Princess: I really like your March excuse. It is especially good because it can only be used once a year, therefore it can't be overused, and no one can say you shouldn't get a birthday treat.
Pokey what's a mini vacation without a treat.
Just a revisit on my record in March. Fell off big time. CT is responsible, they had a sale on their mirage fabric which is just perfect for a quilt I have already designed. Can't think of an excuse, except if I just hadn't opened that e-mail. Can resist anything but a sale. Well that's not true either. Hope to do a lot better in April. Better get off here before my nose gets any longer.

Sophie2 04-02-2013 06:19 AM

The only fabric I purchased in March was two fabrics to back quilts and some background fabric. Last night I cut out 23 fat quarters and some background fabric for my next quilt. I am trying to use up fabric I have as well as use patterns I have. In March I finished 2 UFO's and made 2 wall hangings from my stash. Using up my stash does make me feel so good. Still have lots to get thru! :)

irishrose 04-02-2013 08:15 AM

Connecting Threads had Mirage on sale? Too bad I missed that one. I really like that fabric though they discontinued my favorite color.

I do have to visit my LQS this week. I need 1/2 yard of black - if I didn't have so much fabric, I could find mine, but it is hiding somewhere so I will purchase a small amount. Now you know why I'm on a moratorium.