Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

asimplelife 08-02-2013 11:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have 2 finishes to add... one was in July but I never got it posted. Busy month of travel and then a bout of cellulitis in my knee that kept me off my feet for several days. The antibiotics are starting to do their thing and I've been able to sew again the last few days. Hoping for good things in August...

These are 2 of 5 Charm Quilt UFOs in my closet... simple patchwork using 6.5" novelty squares from online swaps. The layout I used on #1 I really like - I think the background squares show off the fun prints better. I quilted them both with walking foot freehand waves. These are UFO Finishes #33 & #34 for 2012 (and #49 and #50 since 10/1/2012).

Guess what? I'm straddling the halfway point of my UFO Collection with 51 to go!!

asimplelife 08-02-2013 11:24 AM

QuilterMomma - your quilting is so well done! I really like the those cute Umbrella girls.

Nanna-up-north - I love how you used the those fabrics! And the quilting is great too. It would look right at home in my MN Up North house!

asimplelife 08-02-2013 11:28 AM

missgigglewings - that makes a great table cloth! Some fabrics shouldn't be cut up and that is one of them.

michelleoc - both of your quilts are gorgeous! I especially love that red paisley fabric. What a nice gift.

asimplelife 08-02-2013 11:33 AM

Createfourpaws - I think this is prettiest T shirt quilt I have ever seen! The sashing around the shirts really adds a lot.

VickiM - way to go with 3 finishes! I particularly like the mix of border fabric and pinwheels on the 1st one - something I wouldn't think to do. Eye-catching!

Sorry for the multiple posts everyone but I'm so behind... going page by page to catch up.

oksewglad 08-02-2013 12:02 PM

asimplelife--I was wondering where I saw your I spy quilt and it's on your blog! I do enjoy following it. OBTW like the stacked sticks or stick stacks (whatever) you are working on now. I can see it with a cream/tan main color and jewel tones especially turquoise rust and browns for a SW look. Also a black main color with KT and Jo Morton type fabrics. Or how about a cream floral and some Civil War fabs!

michelleoc 08-03-2013 09:15 PM

asimplelife - your last two entries are very nice. You stack of UFO's is diminishing day-by-day!

nanacc 08-03-2013 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva (Post 5762033)
OK, I will join in. Here is my first UFO finish for the year. Project Linus quilt. Just finished it today.

Wow! I love that design and the colors! I need to mark this. Pattern?

asimplelife 08-04-2013 07:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 6211093)
asimplelife--I was wondering where I saw your I spy quilt and it's on your blog! I do enjoy following it. OBTW like the stacked sticks or stick stacks (whatever) you are working on now. I can see it with a cream/tan main color and jewel tones especially turquoise rust and browns for a SW look. Also a black main color with KT and Jo Morton type fabrics. Or how about a cream floral and some Civil War fabs!

I really like that pattern too (Strip Stacks by G.E. Designs)! I'm including a pic to show the rest of you... the blocks are huge so they sew up quickly and I think the vertical design is really different and eye catching. There are many "not so pretty" scraps hidden in these blocks!

I love ALL of of your ideas - I have been thinking batiks as well as a Christmas version since I already have a bunch of the coins (2.5" x 5.5") needed from a swap I did a few years ago.

mom-6 08-04-2013 05:07 PM

Asimplelife - I really like your quilt. Wish I had seen it before I started sewing my 2-1/2" scrap batiks together. However I'm liking what I have so far. Just am going to need about as many more as I've done already to have it big enough for anything. Seemed like a lot more scraps when they were just all in a pile!

carriem 08-04-2013 06:16 PM

asimplelife--some more great quilts!