Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

oksewglad 06-14-2013 09:18 PM

Like this one for sure!!

VickiM 06-15-2013 07:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm not able to get one done per month, but I did manage to get this one done just in time for my grandson's graduation last week...twin size. Bonnie Hunter's Double Delight QA back in 2005...top got done.

carriem 06-15-2013 07:15 PM

Vicki--that's a great finish and looks like a happy GS

Fraew 06-15-2013 07:39 PM

Eeeeek VickiM! It's gorgeous! And congratulations. :thumbup:

oksewglad 06-15-2013 11:09 PM

Well that's a great finish, Vicki, and it counts big time.

jillaine 06-16-2013 07:04 AM

(oops, posted to wrong forum) sorry.

michelleoc 06-16-2013 07:14 AM

QuilterMomma and Vicki, your quilts are just gorgeous! Congratulations on the completions.

QuilterMomma 06-17-2013 02:44 PM

Oooooooo, that is awesome Vicki. Like that one. Now do one for my nephew please. It is on my to do list, but none of my UFOs are masculine anymore.

asimplelife 06-17-2013 04:10 PM

Long time with no posts... the end of the school year was very busy and I'm still trying to get into a good routine! And I had a DIY project that really tested me and took way more time than I anticipated when I started stripping wallpaper in my new quilting room in late April. I have no idea how many hours I've spent in that room doing everything but sewing!

Finally the last coat of paint was done late Friday afternoon and I got the room cleaned up and then set it up for sewing on Saturday. And now I am ready to get back to UFO Busting big time! I posted some pictures of my new room in Mission Organization if you want a peak.

QuilterMomma - your quilts are wonderful! I especially like the last one with that intricate diamond pattern. Wow - so pretty!

I need to read back many pages and see all the work you all have done - should have done that before I started typing on Page 91.

asimplelife 06-17-2013 04:33 PM

VickiM - Double Delight is gorgeous... you did a great job with your colors for a perfect guy quilt. I find that to be a challenge myself! I love all of those 9 patches on point.

SheriR - I'm blown away by the project you are undertaking... what a treasure those quilts will be!

BoJangles - I'm so sorry that your FIL didn't get to enjoy that beautiful quilt. I've never seen a quilt on a casket and I think it is just a wonderful tribute. Something to think about...

Missgigglewings - I think Sparkle Stars for Jessie is perfectly named! Such pretty colors and I just love that purple sashing. It sets everything off so nicely.

Emma S. - The quilting on your April UFO looks so great! I really like that layout a lot and the pretty rich colors too.

Michelleoc - I really like how you did the diagonal randomly spaced quilting, it really adds a lot of interest to your quilt. Did you mark the top or use masking tape? I need to try that!

Carriem - Green & purple is one of my favorite color combinations so of course I love Roxanne's Log Cabin! Great job.

I hope I didn't miss anyone since since my last post!