Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

BoJangles 06-12-2013 08:59 AM

Sheri, Wow what an undertaking you are on! Such a special gift for those kids! I love your pattern/quilt, and I love your label too!

Quiltermama, all 6 of those quilts are beautiful, but I especially love the bottom right one! Great job!

Thank you all for your kind words after my FIL passed. I still need to do his label, then that quilt will get put up. I think it will eventually go to a grandson. That quilt was a Mystery Quilt. I didn't know what it would look like until it was done, but I was worried as I kept ripping out colors I did not like and replacing them with more of the planes - so the vintage airplanes ended up as 3 of the colors. I was really worried about how that would effect the final pattern, but it actually turned out ok!

Nancy

QuilterMomma 06-12-2013 10:28 AM

I bought that top off Ebay several years ago with the intent of practicing quilting. Well it sat and sat and sat and sat and sat some more till I finally finished it. Yes, it is fabric from the 70s for sure.

carriem 06-12-2013 04:13 PM

QuilterMomma--those are some great quilts!! Keep it up. :)

michelleoc 06-13-2013 08:34 AM

QuilterMomma - wow, you have been busy! They all look terrific.

QuilterMomma 06-13-2013 09:04 AM

I was experiementing on the churn dash a quilt motif and did not like the quilt till I look in the photo and now it is growing on me. The baby quilts are at the church and ready for the next babies to come along. Now to tackle a large project that involves actually marking a quilt top to quilt. Doing a painted wholecloth quilt that has been sitting there for about three years now. Time to get it done! Pray I can get thru it. Has to be at least 30 hours quilting time on the longarm.

Emma S 06-13-2013 01:09 PM

Wow! So productive and lovely finishes. Congrats!

QuilterMomma 06-13-2013 01:35 PM

Thank you ladies. I have one more done but can't post till she gets it in the mail. One of those scrap ufos I cut out a few years ago. Once she gets it, will show that one. It turned out so nice. I think I need to make one for myself.

QuilterMomma 06-14-2013 09:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is one I finished last week as well. Linny received it now so can show it.

Emma S 06-14-2013 03:35 PM

Quilter Momma: Your diamond quilt is beautiful. Truly great! Did you hand piece it? Are there as many set-in seams as there appears? Really think diamonds make an extraordinary quilt but think of them as being difficult. Do you know any secrets?

QuilterMomma 06-14-2013 05:23 PM

Yes there are all those set in seams. The blocks to put together were set ins as well. Well worth the effort. All machined pieced. I applied Jinny Beyers techniques and really watched that quarter inch seam on the points.