Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

BoJangles 06-09-2013 04:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]417975[/ATTACH]Well, I am behind too with finishing one quilt a month. I did finish a quilt in Jan, Feb, and March, but April I started a quilt for my FIL's room in assisted living. I didn't get it done in time, so my DH had it drapped on his coffin. I will count this as my 4th finish this year. Nancy

Emma S 06-09-2013 04:46 AM

Nancy: Lovely quilt. So sorry about you and your familys loss.

SheriR 06-09-2013 04:51 AM

BoJangles, your quilt is really pretty. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm in the process of making quilts for my DMIL for all the grandchildren. I am using her stash. I'm not sure I can bear it if she passes before I finish. She's 89 and should have gone six times in the last four months. It's really difficult for me to cut up her fabric.

carriem 06-09-2013 06:14 AM

Nancy...your quilt turned out very nice. Sorry about the loss of your FIL.

michelleoc 06-09-2013 06:50 AM

BoJangles: I'm sorry for your loss. What a lovely tribute to have the quilt displayed that way!

Foxflower 06-09-2013 02:28 PM

BoJangles...that beautiful quilt shows how loved you FIL was. Now you also have something to honor his memory with from the funeral and beyond.

SheriR....I bet your MIL is glad someone has her stash that treasures it instead of tossing it and wants you to use it.

SheriR 06-09-2013 03:08 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Foxflower (Post 6113155)
SheriR....I bet your MIL is glad someone has her stash that treasures it instead of tossing it and wants you to use it.

Foxflower, I washed all her fabric when I brought it home. Here are pictures of how I found so much of it, holes cut in the center. I still feel like I rescued her stash. The last pic is one grandma quilt I finished the top on yesterday. I still need to quilt it. I'm doing them all the same with different sashes and stars. All from Grandmas stash. :D

Fraew 06-09-2013 04:05 PM

Lovely SheriR! Keep it up. :thumbup:

carriem 06-09-2013 04:12 PM

Sheri--great pattern choice to use a variety of fabrics! How many quilts do you have to make from the scraps? (Sorry if you already told us, I missed it.)

SheriR 06-09-2013 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 6113314)
Sheri--great pattern choice to use a variety of fabrics! How many quilts do you have to make from the scraps? (Sorry if you already told us, I missed it.)

Grandma has 6 children and 23 grandchildren. The pattern is from PaintMeJudy's Scrappy Mystery Train. I plan on doing the grandchildrens all in this pattern so nobody will think I picked favorites. The 6 children (5 boys, 1 girl) I think I'll use all her plaids and do a Square in a Square pattern. I'm dedicating the next two months to this project. I need to see how many hubby can take back and show his mom the end of July when he goes to visit.

Originally Posted by Fraew (Post 6113299)
Lovely SheriR! Keep it up. :thumbup:

<---my biggest supporter! Thank you my friend.