Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

asimplelife 02-22-2013 12:51 PM

UFO Finishes 11, 12 and 13

3 Attachment(s)
Great finishes everyone! I spent most of last week working on some new projects and a BoM that I joined (my first ever!) but today I have some UFOs to show you. All 3 of these will be donated to Project Linus.

"Boxed in Brights" is my own design using 7.5" Happy Blocks alternating with bright squares. The B&W fabrics were from a FQ swap.

"Rainbow Sherbet-Hold the Lime!" was made from a group block exchange. I sent out the center squares and asked for borders to be added in shades of yellow, orange and pink by the other quilters.

"Purple 9 Patch on Lime" was made from the pattern Nine Patch from the book "Even More Quilts for Baby" by Ursula Reikes.

Fraew 02-22-2013 01:05 PM

11,12, and 13? Wow! Go, go go. :thumbup:

Foxflower 02-22-2013 01:36 PM

They look great. Good job!

QuilterMomma 02-22-2013 03:57 PM

Ring Ring Ring.....

wildyard 02-22-2013 05:38 PM

Ringing the bell for awesome finishes!!! Love your Linus quilts, so pretty and cheerful!!!

carriem 02-22-2013 05:43 PM

asimplelife...very nice quilts. I especially like the middle one.

GirlLivingForJesus 02-22-2013 07:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This was so hard to do! It was my first quilt I did by myself! It was only suppose to take 2 months, and it took me six :eek: My little girl (3) loved helping me with it! I hope the little boy who gets it from Quilt for Kids likes it!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]397178[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]397179[/ATTACH]

carriem 02-22-2013 07:49 PM

Congrats on your first quilt! It turned out great and will make some child very happy!! :)

dublb 02-22-2013 08:37 PM

Ain't they all purdy?? Great finishes!!!! Ring the bells & sing the song over & over again. :)

SheriR 02-23-2013 12:01 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here is my finish for February. This quilt has sat in a bag for two years. I started it after my sister visited. We both picked out a charm pack and a yard of fabric. We were going to make each others quilt for my mom's birthday (Feb.21). I sewed the pattern I picked but it grew and grew. I added more charm packs and another fun print from the set. It ended up 110x105! My plan was to quilt motifs on it using my new sewing machine my sister had helped me pick out. But I was warned it would be so unmanageable and I should send it out to be quilted. I had already pinned it, according to another sisters directions. And out of frustration, I bagged the quilt and ignored it. Last Saturday I pulled it out, intending to cut it down to a lap/full size and continue my plan to quilt it myself. I told Fraew my plan and she FORBID me to cut it down. I think she actually said..."Put your big girl panties on and get busy!" :D With her encouragement all week long (and luvTooquilt and Yosamitesa) AND a sudden enrollment into a freemotion class at my LQS, here is my FINISH!!! I did finish the quilting by mom's birthday. I did the binding yesterday and I'll mail it out next week. I can't wait for my sister to get it. She only knows I was making her something fun on Mom's birthday. (Unless she's watching here.. lol)