Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

asimplelife 11-01-2013 09:48 AM

I too am hoping this group continues in 2014... while I look forward to not being totally UFO-bic I will still be working on them. Some of my remaining UFOs are kind of planned UFOs for the future (bed quilts for future guest room etc.)so I'll be thinking about how I want to proceed with them. But I will have several on my finishing radar of course and maybe in the spring I will be able to dial back to a goal of 1 a month. What a treat that will be!

pelikanbus62 11-02-2013 05:38 PM

Hello I just joined today and hope this group continues next year also. I have a lot of UFO's and this would encourage me to get them done.

michelleoc 11-03-2013 09:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
welcome pelikanbus62! This has been a great group and the encouragement is such a motivator!

Here's my first UFO for November (how do you like that...I act like I'm going to finish more than one this month. Talk about the power of positive thinking! Wait, another word for it is delusional...)

It's from Fons & Porter's Easy Quilts, Summer 2013 - Elephant in the Room. It's a baby quilt for a friend's new grandbaby due next month. I had the quilt on my ironing board. My husband (who is normally very supportive and complimentary of my work) asked who the quilt is for. I told him and his response was, "I don't like it. It's not symmetrical at all." Yes, he is an engineer. And yes, he made an argument for 'Husbands - can't live with them, can't leave them on the side of the road.'
[ATTACH=CONFIG]444715[/ATTACH]

Old_Rosebud 11-03-2013 04:30 PM

michelleoc - I love it! Did you bring the binding from the back? It looks like minky.
And who says you can't leave a husband on the side of the road? LOL.

pelikanbus62 11-03-2013 05:31 PM

Michelloec, I love it and what do husbands know any way. Thanks for the welcome. Right off the top of my head I believe I have at least six to finish and at least 6 to start. I need a few more hours in my day to work on my quilts.

nanna-up-north 11-03-2013 07:11 PM

Fraew.... wonderful Halloween quilts.... aren't they fun?

asimplelife.... beautiful. I think you do such a nice job of fabric selection for your quilts. I really need to do some scrappy quilts to use up some stash... yours are lovely.

nanna-up-north 11-03-2013 07:14 PM

Michelloec..... What do DHs know? I think it's really cute....

NanaAC 11-03-2013 07:25 PM

Is it too late to jump in for this year? :)

carriem 11-03-2013 07:42 PM

Never too late to start working on UFOs!! :)

michelleoc 11-04-2013 09:55 AM

Thanks for the kudos. I feel better. Yes, it is minky that I brought from the back. When she opened the gift at the baby shower a bunch of ladies jumped out of their chairs and were fondling the fabric!