Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

Knitette 01-16-2013 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard (Post 5787972)
Oh no Knitette, you get a giant clanging bell for reading the manual and trying something new!!!!!!!!!!! CLANG, CLANG, CLANG!!!! WTG girl!!

Thank you! Who knew the manual had such useful information?:o
In fact, I'm beginning to scare myself.......... This morning I repaired a bag strap for my DD's friend using the instructions "Sewing from the edge of thick fabric" and "locking the foot in horizontal position to avoid slipping". It worked! :shock:
(I have made her promise to never, ever, ever volunteer me again as a 'Thank you'. I might be quilter one day, ain't ever gonna be that dressmaker, lol.))

JNCT14 01-16-2013 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard (Post 5787972)
Oh no Knitette, you get a giant clanging bell for reading the manual and trying something new!!!!!!!!!!! CLANG, CLANG, CLANG!!!! WTG girl!!

Ding Ding! Kninette!!! One of my non quilting UFOs was a pair of fleece pajama bottoms that I got from Ocean State Job Lot - they were too tight in the rear so I opened out the side seams and inserted a fleece panel. I had to take apart the waistband which was a pain, but they are done and they fit! So good for you!!!!!!

JNCT14 01-16-2013 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by gramajo (Post 5788169)
This is my 2nd almost completed UFO of the year. It is the result of a class taken last fall with Debby Kratovil. Top is completed; DD will quilt it on her recently acquired midarm. It will be a practice quilt for her. I don't FMQ and don't want to spend too much time thinking about how to quilt and/or having to mark it. I just want this finished. I have too many UFOs to spend much time on this one. It will be donated to Project Linus. Love the colors.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388281[/ATTACH]

Oh I like that one. I am planning on using a 60 degree braid for some of my donation quilts. I really like how that came out!

QuilterMomma 01-16-2013 07:59 AM

Grammajo, are you sure you never worked in Montana at St V's hospital in Billings. I knew a grandma jo there and she was so awesome and special, just like you.

gramajo 01-16-2013 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5790170)
Grammajo, are you sure you never worked in Montana at St V's hospital in Billings. I knew a grandma jo there and she was so awesome and special, just like you.

Nope, Quilter Momma, I've lived in IL most of my life. Thank you for the compliment. gramajo

QuilterMomma 01-16-2013 09:58 AM

Well then there must just be something about that name.

Country1 01-17-2013 06:06 AM

I like it, our DGD likes Sponge Bob to. Love the bright colors. Love hearing she helped you.
Penny

Fraew 01-17-2013 11:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The pattern is Star Flower Wreath by Chickadee Charms Design Company. I started this UFO in 1997 and finished piecing it last spring...when I took credit for finishing it (shhhh, don't tell anyone). Charisma did the amazing quilting and I sewed the last stitch of the binding on yesterday.

QuilterMomma 01-17-2013 11:27 AM

Whoo HOOOOOOO! Ring that bell Fraew you finished it. Feels good doesn't it.

Fraew 01-17-2013 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5793034)
Whoo HOOOOOOO! Ring that bell Fraew you finished it. Feels good doesn't it.

It feels GOOD! :)