Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

narnianquilter 03-20-2013 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by michelleoc (Post 5941333)
Louise607 - doesn't look like a hot mess to me. It's really pretty...congratulations on finishing it.
Narnianquilter-your quilt is pretty. Are the ladybugs appliqued on?

Actually the lady bugs, vines, flowers and sun are all appliqued and hand stitched. I started this project before I ever got a sewing machine and part of the reason it ended up a UFO is because when I did get a machine I was too scared to try and machine quilt it after I had put so many hours in by hand.

Lara122 03-21-2013 03:33 AM

wow, Narnia! you started with with that!? fantastic job. your learning curve must be a straight line!! lol

omacookie 03-21-2013 04:52 AM

My local Guild began the Finish the UFO project about 2 years ago. We now show them at show and tell also we are entered in a drawing for a gift card at Christmas. It is getting us to clean out the bags of ufo's and make love gifts of them. Thank God. Hugs

narnianquilter 03-21-2013 03:38 PM

Thanks Lara! I had a friend who walked me through things step by step for a while and that really helped. Then we moved and I had a few issue- until I found this board! I am learning things I didn't even know were possible! (Like the fact that you could use 2 different colors of thread for the top/bottom of the quilt) My next project after the UFOs are some FM QAYG!

mom-6 03-21-2013 07:14 PM

This is the most awesome board! Great people, fantastic pool of knowledge, fabulous willingness to share, and wonderful encouragement. What more could anyone ask for?

Foxflower 03-21-2013 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by mom-6 (Post 5945200)
This is the most awesome board! Great people, fantastic pool of knowledge, fabulous willingness to share, and wonderful encouragement. What more could anyone ask for?

Oh, I don't know, quilting elves? Never mind, they probably wouldn't do it like I wanted anyway. How about copious amounts of pasteries that don't make you fat or unhealthy? ;) They say it never hurts to ask.....

narnianquilter 03-23-2013 11:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, the weekend of UFO's is going slowly. My husband is gone and I was going to pass my daughter off to a friend for the day so I could get some serious quilting done. Then my daughter ended up sick, and we've been battling fever for the last 3 days. However, 2 of the 3 projects I wanted to complete are done! I posted my daughters quilt earlier this week (it's already been initiated by being puked on) and I just finished up a quilt for a friend. The only thing left to do is a few things I want to applique onto the top! One more to go, and I have 3 hours before the husband gets home! [ATTACH=CONFIG]403726[/ATTACH]

Emma S 03-23-2013 01:02 PM

Narnian: Love your quilt, think the binding in that purpley color really frames the whole thing. Really a neat quilt.

dublb 03-23-2013 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by narnianquilter (Post 5948438)
Well, the weekend of UFO's is going slowly. My husband is gone and I was going to pass my daughter off to a friend for the day so I could get some serious quilting done. Then my daughter ended up sick, and we've been battling fever for the last 3 days. However, 2 of the 3 projects I wanted to complete are done! I posted my daughters quilt earlier this week (it's already been initiated by being puked on) and I just finished up a quilt for a friend. The only thing left to do is a few things I want to applique onto the top! One more to go, and I have 3 hours before the husband gets home! [ATTACH=CONFIG]403726[/ATTACH]

It looks so cuddly!!! :thumbup: Did ya git the other one done??

carriem 03-23-2013 03:33 PM

Great finish narnianquilter! Look forward to seeing your 3rd finish!

I got the batting needed to finish my March UFO today, so should be able to get it quilted by the end of the month.