Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

lots2do 01-07-2013 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Fraew (Post 5769255)
Right on JNCT14!

What to you all think about a separate thread to post pics of UFOs in progress? I would love to see what you all are working on and share what I have lined up too...but don't wish to bog down this celebratory thread. All in favor?

I mean really...I have a hexagon project that I work on all the time, but can't live long enough to post it here. :)

I like this idea.

wildyard 01-07-2013 03:30 PM

I love the idea of seeing what folks are working on. I can never see too many quilts. LOL I just don't know how to connect a UFOs in progress link to this thread. Anyone know how to do that?
Or would it just be a seperate thread of it's very own?
I certainly have no objections and can't imagine that anyone would. But please, let's hear more opinions on this from other members. I am not the boss, I am just the first one who got around to starting the thread for this year. LOL

Pink Lady 01-07-2013 04:42 PM

Ok that is it tomorrow I am going to put one of my ufo in the quilt frames. hmm if I remember where it is and where I put the Q snap frames:o If I am remembering right it has about 1/3 already quilted. I could use it on my bed right now this winter nights are cold. In my next life I am going to live in a new houses with great heating not wood for the only heat source. I would love to wake up warm in the mornings.

gramajo 01-07-2013 05:29 PM

I'm in. I'm putting binding on one now. It's not really a UFO since I set it aside to finish Christmas projects. Next project is a lap quilt that is together, needs quilting and binding. It was supposed to be a Christmas gift. Then I'm going to finish sewing, quilting and binding 2 small quilts I started in classes at Sewing/Quilting expo in Tinley Park last Nov. Those will be donated to Project Linus. Then I get to start a new quilt for me. It has vintage images of Yosemite, a momento from my trip to CA and Yosemite last fall. I really want to make that and will use it as a reward for finishing the other 4. There are other UFOs in my sewing room, but I will be so happy to have these finished.

dublb 01-07-2013 05:29 PM

I like the other idea o' another thread for the UFO's & post the finished ones here. I'd think that all ya would have ta do is make another thread & put the link here.

wildyard 01-07-2013 05:29 PM

WTG Pink Lady, You'll have a new warm quilt over you in no time at all!

carriem 01-07-2013 05:32 PM

I am in for another thread..just post it here so I can be sure to add it to my "subscriptions". :)

kaelynangelfoot 01-07-2013 07:24 PM

So glad to know there is a support group for UFO's. I have dozens, everything from costumes to quilts to cross-stitch and crochet. Oh dear do I even need more free time.

JNCT14 01-08-2013 04:48 AM

Love the idea of a thread devoted to UFOs. Maybe talk to Patrice about it - she might be able to tell you where to park it. Along with my picture I am going to post a 'lessons learned' from the project - which may be funny (did I tell you guys I HATE this quilt?????) :)

gramajo 01-08-2013 07:23 AM

I'd rather see new comments and finished UFOs stay in this one thread. Then I can go back through the posts to check up on you all to see how you've been doing.:D