Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/2013-ufo-challenge-month-t209986.html)

Fraew 04-10-2013 09:40 PM

EmmaS that sure is Purdy!

ludlowquiltandsew 04-10-2013 10:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally finished my cat quilt. I used fairly simple quilting designs so it finished off quite quickly in the end.

carriem 04-11-2013 01:29 AM

Rose---that cat quilt is very cute. I like the textured look of the cat fabric.

BoJangles 04-11-2013 04:23 AM

Oksewglad, the border was from my stash. I think the orange did work out nicely! I am going to donate that strip quilt to our horse patrol's fund raiser this year.

Rose the cat is really cute! It looks so real staring off into the night!

Emma, I love your quilt! Amazing job on the piecing, but the back really impresses me too . . . . . what a great way to use up your scraps/stash to strip piece the back! Now, I want to do a back like that! Yes, and the front is amazingly pieced, is the fabric the Stonehenge line?

Nancy

BoJangles 04-11-2013 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings (Post 5989251)
Lovely quilts ladies..Bojangles: is that pattern called Tradewinds?....I want to make that quilt! Darn purple cast comes off my hand next Monday.....I will be so happy!!

I don't remember the name of that quilt, but it is from Brenda Henning's book "Strip Therapy 6." I was in a strip club last year, and we did every quilt in that book! That was the only one I had left unfinished until now!

Nancy

Emma S 04-11-2013 06:00 AM

Thank you everyone for the compliments! My kids are fighting over who gets it, so that makes me happy. It has some of the crispness of the modern quilts but a lot more fun to piece. Bojangles, no the fabric is not stonehenge, although I really love that fabric line. This quilt is a scrappy, strictly pieced from my stash, what your seeing is probably my poor photography. It is really much brighter than the picture shows.

michelleoc 04-11-2013 06:48 AM

Emma: your quilts are beautiful!
Rose: the kitty is so cute!

Great finishes y'all!

dublb 04-11-2013 07:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally finished my PC swap flimsy now ta find the backin' & hand quilt it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407354[/ATTACH]

Lara122 04-11-2013 05:00 PM

Bev, did you say "hand" quilt? wow . . .

emma, those stars are gorgeous, you did a great job balancing 'scrappy'!!

I am constantly awed by the gorgeous things on this board! That cat quilt?!! wow!!!
amazing work ladies, as always!!

dublb 04-11-2013 06:01 PM

Yes Lara. Hand quiltin' is my first love in the quiltin' world. I have needed a hand quiltin' project for a while. I have been workin' on a GFG for a bit & am gittin' a bit bored w/it. I'm gonna make my self do 1 petal on the GMF before I can hand quilt. Reward myself. :) I do my hand work at totally different times. My hand work is while I wait. Like while at a Dr.s office, or when someone is in the hospital, or when travelin' as a passenger. :)