Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   International Patriotic Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/international-patriotic-challenge-t186260.html)

Jenniky 03-11-2013 06:40 PM

Weather report from Golden Valley.... The Sun is shining and its so beautiful sat out on the porch and did some hand quilting. Tomorrow I will drive in to Kingman for the mystery quilting class.. LOL I still dont know what to call the technique. But yest I am involved and loving being here in Golden Valley. :thumbup:

Jenniky 03-26-2013 11:03 AM

2 Attachment(s)
http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/o...ge-b11045.html

The link above is a picture of the QAYG project Im working on. Also I am still working on the Southwestern wallhanging and I had to shift gears on the Traditional Fourth of July Quilt I am making. Was not able to obtain more of the blues I was working on. So set those squares aside and purchased other Fourth of July seasonal fabrics. Im still working with the square in square designs. Designing as I go.. Im planning on making three panels and then attaching them using the QAYG method. I purchased ample amounts of material so my creativity will not be cramped by running out of a certain fabric. :thumbup: Dulb I am possibly going to be heading to Texas in a few days. When I know for certain will PM you and see if we can set up a lunch date. :):):)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]404568[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]404569[/ATTACH]

I hope everyone is feeling well and having a beautifully awesome day.

Hugs All.

Jen

Muv 03-28-2013 09:21 AM

Hello Jenniky,

Glad to hear you are well and enjoying quilting in Arizona.

Sunshine... what's that? We're just coming to the end of our coldest March for about 50 years.

Nothing like thinking ahead for July, I'm impressed! Lovely colours. I love QAYG, it's the only way for me.

Elisabrat 04-10-2013 04:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407079[/ATTACH] I made this little runner for another board member Marytoddliz. She is a retired Army vet and loves patriotic items. Thought while it may be small the love of America went into the making of it :)

dublb 04-10-2013 06:27 AM

Oh Elsabrat - I just love it!!! Marytoddliz will love it too!

Jenniky 04-10-2013 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5990567)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407079[/ATTACH] I made this little runner for another board member Marytoddliz. She is a retired Army vet and loves patriotic items. Thought while it may be small the love of America went into the making of it :)

Your runner is wonderful Elisa any US Veteran would be proud to own and appreciate it. I see lots of American TLC went into making it. :) Thanks so much for sharing it. Definitely an inspiration for me to get busy on my Patriotic Project in Progress :thumbup:

Sewfine 04-25-2013 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by peggymunday (Post 5151344)
Thank you, I will try but I don't know if I'll get one finished in time. I have one quilt on the frame right now, another that needs to be completed that got bumped so this one could get finished, and then another when those are done that is waiting to be quilted. Where does the time go? :D
Oh well, maybe I can at least inspire.... I have another that was also done awhile back and it hangs in our local library. They are very kind in offering me a space to showcase my work. Here are some pics...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]328782[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]328783[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]328784[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]328786[/ATTACH]

That is beautiful. Would love to make that for my Active Duty Navy Son and DDIL. She would be thrilled to death to receive a quilt like this.

mary quilting 04-26-2013 01:41 PM

american eagle

2 Attachment(s)
this is a quilt I will be giving to my nephew when he graduates from West Point

JeanieG 04-26-2013 04:33 PM

Mary, that is one of the most beautiful quilts I have ever seen. I am in awe!!! Wonderful!!!!

Celeste 04-26-2013 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 6028201)
Mary, that is one of the most beautiful quilts I have ever seen. I am in awe!!! Wonderful!!!!

I agree! There is gonna be one stunned nephew and plenty of admiring and jealous others!!!