Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   International Patriotic Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/international-patriotic-challenge-t186260.html)

Jenniky 07-17-2012 12:39 PM

Works4me - would so so love to be able to walk distance again. I use to walk up to seven miles daily one time I actually did a ten mile walk. Well Im sure Ive done it more than once in my life time.. LOL If I could have one thing back that would be the ability to walk at least three or four miles every morning and greet the sunrise. I so miss doing that. :) :) :) But Im not giving up. I know there is a doctor out there some where that can help me. Nope this girl is not giving up ... no way ... no how... NO SIR... :thumbup:

Sooooo Lets all get quilting... or etching glass or cleaning house or whatever we have to do to get back to quilting.. :) :) :)

QuiltE 07-17-2012 01:04 PM

Awwwwwwwwwww there's true love in the Mr and Mrs Jenniky home!

Speaking of which ... any word on your NEW Home Sweet Quilting Home?

huntersgrammie 07-17-2012 01:05 PM

love the site love the fabric especially the white with the maple leafs and flag on it, its gorgeous. so how do i bookmark or whatever to watch what comes up on this site. thanks for the invite. rachelle

QuiltE 07-17-2012 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by huntersgrammie (Post 5373106)
love the site love the fabric especially the white with the maple leafs and flag on it, its gorgeous. so how do i bookmark or whatever to watch what comes up on this site. thanks for the invite. rachelle

Now that you've posted, you should get an email when there's a post to the thread.

So once I send this off to the thread, you should soon be receiving the auto-notification.

Jenniky 07-17-2012 01:21 PM

Huntersgrammie - AT the top of the page in Thread Tools you can select to subscribe to this thread.... Most often though if you post in the thread I think you automatically get subscribed unless you turn it off. :)

QuiltE - We find out the end of the month. Im sure we will get it.. but ya just never know.. so Im not going to count my chickens just yet. :)

works4me 07-17-2012 02:50 PM

I don't receive auto emails and I've posted a few times. :) Will try the thread tools and see what happens.

Jenniky - Those distances are great. I was talking about walking around the neighbourhood. For a while there, until I found the Alexander Technique, by the time I got two houses away from home I was hunched over and my back was throbbing. Walking poles allowed me to walk for a period of about 25 minutes. We've been doing 35 minute walks lately without the poles and I am upright even at the end. Yes, keep up the good attitude and keep trying. I have finally found something that works for me and I am thrilled about it, even if it isn't covered by extended medical. AT is why I am quilting again after having to take the past several years off from it.

QuiltE 07-17-2012 03:09 PM

W4Me ... there's somewhere in the settings for the auto email notifications to be turned off/on. So I'm guessing yours is off. YOu're enough of a geek, I'm sure you will find it easy enough!

Jenniky ... pardon me, but I forgot to say thanks for the SeaBee explanation! I won't count any chickens and will just keep everything crossed in the meantime!

dublb 07-17-2012 04:45 PM

Jenniky - Thank you for your service! I'm so sorry you are in pain. Life w/pain is drainin'. I hope ya git the home o' your dreams.

I too have an awesome DH who does most o' the chores here. I do the laundry, but that's about all. He's also the only one who provides the income. Youngest DSon is still at home. He is 19 & goin' ta the community college. He does a few chores & has his own job. I will say that as DH's Dad was dieing & his DM was slipping deeper into alzhimers, I was spending 10 - 12 hours a day taking care o' 'em. That's when DH took over the chores. (I also lost my Dad 10 days before DFIL died.) Even after 3 years, we are all in mourning still.

JeanieG 07-17-2012 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5372903)
JeanieG .. oh please do tell this non American what Sea-Bees are? I'm guessing naval helicopters?
As for quilting and housework ... join the rest of us and don't be such a clean-freak! :)

The Sea-Bees are a branch of the Navy that do construction. They build roads, bridges, that type of stuff.

QuiltE 07-18-2012 04:22 AM

Now you're really getting me confused .... why are the navy building roads and bridges? what's the navy doing on dry land? aren't they supposed to be out on the big blue sea? :)

I still like my idea .... helicopters on the navy ships ... big "bees"!! :D