Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

dublb 08-31-2012 03:10 PM

Carrie, It's beautiful! Even better finished. :thumbup:

QuiltingNinaSue 08-31-2012 04:27 PM

Beautiful job, very colorful!! Love your use of the bright colors.

Judith1005 08-31-2012 04:41 PM

Carrie, What a Beautiful DP9 it is. Awesome finish. Don't forget to ring the bell. :)

JeanieG 08-31-2012 05:47 PM

Oh really great colors in your quilt Carrie. You did a great job!

oksewglad 08-31-2012 07:37 PM

A very colorful quilt! Congrats on the finishes!

Everose 08-31-2012 07:51 PM

QuilterMomma, that quilt is beautiful. The colors are bright and make me happy. My daughter would go nuts over it. So like her. Just started making her a quilt with a lot of the same colors. Hoping to have it all put together for Christmas.

Missgigglewings and carriem - love the quilts. I wish I had some of those greens in my stash. But then I would just horde them instead of using them, so now I can see them in your quilts. Thanks.

Did finish a UFO except for the label this month. Will post soon. It's for a friend and his new wife so want to find out their wedding date to put on the label. Have been trying to sew more and purchase less, so that I won't have to pack and move as much fabric when we retire. So now what have I been doing - purchasing the quilting magazines instead. Don't know what is worse.

Have a great weekend! If you are traveling, have a safe trip.

QuilterMomma 09-02-2012 07:21 PM

I finished up three quilts and three table runners. That makes me glad and one more on longarm half done. The back is solid so have a couple of tweeks to do.

I got a Best of Class award on the churn dash. The tangled quilt only got a first, the use of visual texture is diconncernting. What does that mean? Your guess is as good as mine, first on the coat I finished, second on the dresdan plate and second on a dq. Not bad, got counted down on binding so I am ripping it out of the two fo them and redoing so I can get better awards. Not ripping visual texture.

Fraew 09-02-2012 07:51 PM

High 5 QuilterMamma! :thumbup:

Judith1005 09-03-2012 04:22 PM

Congrats QM!

wildyard 09-03-2012 04:31 PM

Just sending smiles and hugs as I haven't been online in a little over a week. Have been staying with an elderly friend while her DH is in hospital as she cannot stay alone and he refused to go to hospital until we promised to stay with her. He was moved to rehab for a couple weeks so we finally got her to move to our home so we can easier meet everyones needs. I am already so behind on finished another delay won't matter too much. LOL, Keep it going folks, you continue to inspire me even if I can't do anything about it right now! :D