Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 149 of 166 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 148 149 150 159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1657

Thread: UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Blog Entries
    Ding dong the UFO is dead! Lovely Everose!
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Everose--that is a great quilt. Good choice of fabrics and quilting.

Blog Entries
    I have not posted on this thread yet.

I am new to quilting, having only made a few rag quilts before this summer. But when I found someone's UFO at a thrift shop 2 years ago I bought it.

It was for a red and brown, black and blue and yellow and black plaid rag quilt. It had large blocks and smaller ones to make 4 patches. Some of the sandwiches were made and stitched together. The person had FMQ inspirational words on the completed sandwiches. Then there were lots of blocks cut, but not sandwiched.

I would take out the blocks and play with them, then put them away again.

One of the problems with the original blocks is that they were not square or really equal in size.

Yesterday, I took them out to tackle again. I am doing a Secret Santa and my recipient had pets. My dog Oscar loves his rag quilt. So I thought instead of trying to use all the blocks, I just pulled out the ones that were already sandwiched. I decided on a good size for the blocks (large and small) and got out my cutting mat, rotary cutter and 12.5 inch square ruler.

I was able to make two 24X36 inch quilts for my SS pets. I will have to wait until Tuesday night to post photos, when the camera is home again. I hope her pets like them.
    Proud Parent of one Dwight Canada Student, my son graduated this year and is on his way to UVic.

http://dwightcanada.org/

Blog Entries
    Tothill, Ring the bell!! Two finishes for you. I love your repurpose. Awesome job!! Can't wait to see the pictures. I'm sure your secret giftee will love the thoughtfulness to his/her pet.
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

Yeah for Tothill! I can't wait ta see 'em.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries

8 yeaqr old baby blanket

Thank you for the encouragement.

I am on a roll, last night I decided at 8:30 that instead of watching the Voice, I would make a rag baby blanket.

I bought the fabric to make a blanket for Dh's cousin's baby. The baby is 8 now. I had cut most the strips, and doubled some with batting. I have no idea where the rest of the batting went.

It took me until 1:00 am to get the fabric cut ( I ripped the long strips), then cut into 5" squares, doubled (no batting), sewn, then the dreaded snipping. I am so glad I invested in spring loaded snippers.

It is going through the second wash cycle right now. I will get dh to take photos tonight, before I take it to the shower.

My sewing Mojo is back!
    Last edited by Tothill; 10-16-2012 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Forgot to add
    Proud Parent of one Dwight Canada Student, my son graduated this year and is on his way to UVic.

http://dwightcanada.org/

Tothill is on a roll!!!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Ooooh I have that pattern and I bought materials for it. I was going to make this pattern out of Hawaiian barkcloth. I need to dig it up once I am finnished with all my swaps.

You did a great job. It looks very pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Everose View Post
    Attachment 369208Finally, I'm going to ring the bell for myself. I have had this UFO for a long time. Just needed to put the binding on it, but didn't know who it was a gift for. So finished it up today and it will find a new home in CA tomorrow night. I can't wait for them to see it. The photo doesn't do it justice - it turned out beautiful.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    The bells will be ringing, I know that is a song somewhere, oh yeah here, great finish Everose and Toothill. Love them for sure. Wow, I better get busy and finish some more ufos. I am at a standstill till after the quilt show presentation then I will get busy again. Thank the Lord kids know power point because I sure don't. I am looking forward to finishing a few.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Took what I had and made this little cutie.Name:  Owl DQ.JPG
Views: 96
Size:  183.8 KB
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Page 149 of 166 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 148 149 150 159 ... LastLast