Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 50 of 166 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 60 100 150 ... LastLast

Thread: UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Blog Entries
    I got my chicken swap quilt quilted last night. Now to get it trimmed and the binding on. Now where did I put that binding? I make the binding for these quilts and am misplacing it. Frustrating.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Dubib - Please make sure you post a picture of the solar sysem quilt. My friend is going to make one and would like another idea!

QuilterMomma - You are so right - Go Giants!

As for February.....I am working on my Bonnie Hunter 'Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll.' Will probably do some quilting this month, too. I have lots of tops waiting to be quilted and finished.
    Kris

This is not a great pict but here it is. The stars are appliquilted. I glued 'em on then when the quilt was sandwhiched & I had SID between the blocks I then top stitched the stars down through all 3 layers. The Solar System blocks are the ones that I'm trying to FMQ swirls on. 2 blocks are quilted then 2 other blocks had to be frog stitched. (rip it... rip it... ripp it....) You can see the press & seal on some of the blocks where I'm planning to do the swirls!

Name:  Star quilt.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  37.7 KB

The stars are Candle Quilter Stars. I made these 1/2" bigger & turned 'em down 1/4" all around.
    Candlequilter Star
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

dublb: Love your quilt! The pieced and solid blocks really compliment each other!

Quote Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
    dublb: Love your quilt! The pieced and solid blocks really compliment each other!
    Thank You! Now if I can just get those swirls done. I could've hand quilted it much faster!
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    This is not a great pict but here it is. The stars are appliquilted. I glued 'em on then when the quilt was sandwhiched & I had SID between the blocks I then top stitched the stars down through all 3 layers. The Solar System blocks are the ones that I'm trying to FMQ swirls on. 2 blocks are quilted then 2 other blocks had to be frog stitched. (rip it... rip it... ripp it....) You can see the press & seal on some of the blocks where I'm planning to do the swirls!

Name:  Star quilt.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  37.7 KB

The stars are Candle Quilter Stars. I made these 1/2" bigger & turned 'em down 1/4" all around.
    Candlequilter Star

I like your solar system quilt.
    I did one last year using an Attic Window block.

I am curious about the Press & Seal.
    How do you use it?
    And does it stay on well while you're quilting?
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

Blog Entries
    Looking good dublb! Am curious about the PNS too.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the picture, dubib. Love the star idea!
    Kris

OK, my first QB act. UFO's are me. One this month, huh . . . I'll do it. Thanks for the encouragement. I was reading (? somewhere?) that when we don't finish things, it teaches us we can't. I want to learn i can. Will be back within the month with a picture.

How I use Press & Seal. First I cut a piece of Press & Seal to fit my block. It was too thin so I put another small piece with it. Then I put this piece onto the paper that I was copying swirls from & traced it with a Sharpie marker. I had ta make a few adjustments so that it flowed & fit on the square. Third I put the press & seal onto the block I want ta quilt. Those pieces in the picture have been on the quilt for 4 months so they are staying. I'll have ta smooth 'em out when I start quilting again, 'cause some of the edges are coming up. After it is quilted and it's time to take it off, it tears better than paper. Some of the tight corners are a little hard ta come off but I then use tweezers. Clear as mud?
    Bev

Page 50 of 166 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 60 100 150 ... LastLast