Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1657

Thread: UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Blog Entries
    Quilter Momma, I think it pictures very well. Seriously, I don't think I'd change anything. I love nine patches. But, they really become special when you put them on point. Very Very pretty.

CrazyQuiltLady, that is a very special quilt. And, I think that it is an awesome donation for the kids.

Dublb, That is truly special that you are able to now own your grandmothers house. It does sound like a perfect opportunity to fill it with the warmth of your special quilts.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

QM - That is gonna be lovely!
    Thanks ya'll for all of the encouragement about my DGM's house!
    Last edited by dublb; 06-25-2012 at 03:13 PM.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Bev, the house is lovely. It might need some work, but you will have some great memories also to help you on the way. Yes, I can see quilts and wall hangings to make it yours.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

Blog Entries
    Oh Dublb...What a neat thing to own your DGM's home. Look forward to seeing quilts when you have time but glad this too will be a part of your life now.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Blog Entries
    Whoo Hoo, I am ringing the bell again. Here is No. 5 for June finishes. Yes, two days left of June and I have five more to go. They are all waiting on the longarm and with the flu, I have been slowed down terribly. I will get them done though. I plan on finish three up tonight because feeling a bit better. Just have to keep up the energy level. Name:  Purse.JPG
Views: 155
Size:  340.9 KB
    I started this one about three years ago when I cut my other one up that I did finish. Kids bought me a purse pattern and I got over zealous on cutting again. Well, it looks funky and fun. the inside even has pockes and I put a flap on this purse and like it better.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Very pretty. Keep up the good work.

"And another one's down..................!" It's kinda cute.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Well, gang, another month of unfinished UFO's. Does that make them double UFO's? However, you can see the reason why in the picture. One room down, several to go! At least the downstairs craft room is looking better. Did it all myself, too (including the floor and the shelves on the window)!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kris

Blog Entries
    Is that a cup collection on the far wall I see?

So the room was your UFO!!! (Nice cup collection!)
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone. Yes, that is a collection of mugs - and there isn't enough room for all of them! My husband was a truck driver, and he used to bring me one every once in awhile. Then we started getting them every time we went somewhere. They were stuck in a cupboard, and I missed them! Lots of good memories!
    Kris

Awesome finishes!
    I finially got my king LA, now to add the binding. I too have been slowed down by studio reorganization. This is only corner.

After 2 years with the same signature I have been requested to remove it. Bye

Blog Entries
    Looking good thomp116 and brushandthimble! I'd sure like to know what the % of us that let our sewing spaces become so cluttered! My DGD's told me last week my sewing room was a mess (3 and 6!) 6yo reported to me it was cleaner last night after I had spent a couple of days (and still not done) tidying up!
    Dublb--what a charming home! Does this mean you will be behind on the PC ride too? LOL
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Blog Entries
    Now I can show my DD that I am not that messy of a person although if I would just put things back away after using them maybe mine would not be as close to yours yet. Thinking while I am gone next week out of town at a longarm retreat, a first for me in over 6 years a retreat, that I should take the baby in for a maintenance check and clean up my desk for while I am gone the family can miss me more.

Here are a couple more finishes for June. Finally done. Was on longarm last night till 10 and up doing binding till 11:30. i still have four more to quilt up. I did set a mini goal for myself for June and that was to finish the hand applique of a 30s BOM I started over a year ago. I am not going to do anymore BOM for a long time. I just don't finish them. I have another BOM that is waiting to be quilted. I think I will do next month so can enter in fair. Anyway, here they are. Will photo the 30s center when done. having trouble with the applique, been doing by hand then did a little by machine and think will finish by hand. Name:  Four Star Stackn.JPG
Views: 153
Size:  165.4 KB

QM--great finishes! I really like the kaleidoscope one.

I was able to finish a 2nd quilt this month...it is a pattern called Jelly Girl (Fig Tree...I think). The fabric is a jelly roll using fabrics from the DeJa Vu line by Paula Nadelstern; I can't remember who made the green background.

This large lap quilt will be used as an extra quilt in our bedroom. Another UFO I have started is a kaleidoscope (free pattern called Spin Cycle) It will be made using the blue/purple ribbon type fabrics (shown in close up of blocks)...this one will be for our king-size quilt so is taking a little longer! I have most of the centers of the blocks together, so adding corners, sashing etc. is still left. Picture of started blocks on design wall...quilt inspector, Ginger needed to make sure all was well.

Need to make a baby quilt and help kids finish a couple quilts...then I will work on that one.

Blog Entries
    Don't these kaliedescopes/Stack N Whacks just take so much time to do? You have done a nice job on them. And that second one, will it always have that big black thing in the middle of the bottom? Looks like you were being checked out that they are right.

Well, finished a center I was working on. Hand applique work. Not my favorite no wonder it has taken over a year to do. Next month will get the quilt done. My goal was the center and it is accomplished.
    Name:  30s applique center.JPG
Views: 295
Size:  136.9 KB

OK - I'm so far behind on the pony ttail that I know I won't finish w/everybody! Buyin' a house takes a lot o' time!!! Next I'll have ta fix it up. Maybe I'll git a few things done here too.
    B&T - Ya did good girl! That was a lot of straightenin' up. I can't even git into my spare room. Ya know the one w/my stash! I'm hopin' that by movein' things ta Brady then I'll be able ta git that room straightened up. One step at a time!
    QM & Carrie - I love those kaleidoscopes!!!!
    Carrie - Your quilt inspector looks a lot like one of mine.
    QM - That applique is awesome!
    Bev

Blog Entries
    OK - I'm so far behind on the pony ttail that I know I won't finish w/everybody! Buyin' a house takes a lot o' time!!! Next I'll have ta fix it up. Maybe I'll git a few things done here too.

Well I guess then we can finish together along with the other stragglers. It's not a race, just a ride!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

QM--Yes the kaleidoscopes take awhile, but I really like the results. The Jelly Girl pattern just looks like one, but no stacking fabric...just sew strips together and then cut triangles and put them together to get the effect. Yep, the "big black thing" will always be at the foot of the bed when the quilt is finished. LOL Your applique is great! That is one thing I haven't tried yet.

Dublb--I won't finish my pony club with everyone else either. I am sure you will have a nice time fixing up your new house...even though it will be lots of hard work too! Maybe you will have to schedule some sewing in your week too!!

Here is a picture of my dog, Ginger (quilt inspector) and her sister Beatrice.

Blog Entries
    Good inspectors I would say. They are pretty dogs. DH and I were wondering what breed?

They are rottweilers...2 1/2yrs old, around 80lbs. These dogs tend to get a bad rap, but it is all in how they are raised.

Ahwww they are darlin'. From the back she looked like my Belle, but not from the front.
    Name:  Belle.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  64.4 KB
    She always thinks that she is in trouble when we git the camera out, So she hangs her head.
    Silly dog.

PS All o' that pretty green grass is brown now & looks like it will die. I spent most of the summer o' 2009 seedin' it out.

Last edited by dublb; 06-29-2012 at 08:41 PM.
    Bev

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post

Well I guess then we can finish together along with the other stragglers. It's not a race, just a ride!
    Your right it's not a race. I think that most o' us are behind. I should have said that I won't finish at the scheduled time. I'll git it done one block at a time,& I know that everybody, whether they are done or not will be there. I love this board.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    I'm behind too.
    It's summer and I need to do outdoor work....plants, painting, fence repairs etc.

QM...your DP center is lovely. It's a different take on the Dresden pattern and I always like 'different'.
    Carriem.......I like the fabrics in your quilts. I have some of that lighter 'ferny' fabric.
    Great job with the finishes and the 'in progress' projects.

Love all the furry friends!!
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 60 ... LastLast